COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

FANTASY FEST INFO NEEDED PLEASE!

Old Jan 11th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

FANTASY FEST INFO NEEDED PLEASE!

Hi All,
I知 thinking about heading to Fantasy Fest 2005 and I could really use some help on questions that I have from anyone who could help.

1. I know the places to stay are much cheaper during the week. Is there lot of activity during the week or is I quiet?
2. I知 not familiar with Key West, so I would like to stay close to the action. Does anyone know of good places to stay that are within walking distance. I知 only looking for a place to sleep. It doesn稚 have to be top of the line as long as it痴 clean.
3. Any other tips?

Thanks!
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 09:07 AM

http://fantasyfest.net/
Has about everything.....
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 09:20 AM

Since Fantasy Fest is a 9 day event, I doubt you'll find prices any less expensive during the week. It is definitely NOT quiet during week days.

As for places to stay, you'll probably want to be in Old Town but prices will be very steep regardless how fancy (or not) the place you stay is.
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I did check out http://fantasyfest.net/ and there was a good amount of info, but I didn't really answer my questions on where to stay. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 12:52 PM

Glen, I hate to tell you but you are wasting your time and your money looking for "just a place to sleep" during Fantasy Fest. No one sleeps during Fantasy Fest! Yes, even those who stay for the full 9 days.

LOL.
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 12:57 PM

Good luck trying to find a room. Fantasy Fest is like the Kentucky Derby and other events, booked almost a year in advance...
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 01:30 PM

Maybe that's why glen is asking 10 months before it happens?
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 01:34 PM

Glen - It's virtually impossible for us to advise you where to stay, since every place will be expensive. If you want to get an idea of the sorts of things that are available, check out keywestinns.com and look for property in Old Town.

The hotels in New Town (on Roosevelt Road) are generally less expensive than the ones in better locations, but if you stay there you'd need to rely on public transportation or rent bikes or mopeds.
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 01:50 PM

Technically, 9 1/2 months Patrick. If you believe the Travel Channel, they said a year in advance. Send some sunshine up here please??? I haven't seen it since before New Year's. Tends to fog up the brain...
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 02:47 PM

OK, buckeye mom. Just to make you feel worse (you know we Floridians love to gloat) they just said on the news that so far this year (12 days) we have only had one day that it didnt' get above 80 degrees. That's a good 5 degrees higher than normal.
But it's supposed to rain this weekend and a cool front is coming through.
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 02:56 PM

Now Patrick, I was going to scold you for gloating. But after the awful hurricane season Florida went through last summer, you can just gloat away. I'm just glad that when I return home to southern California (I'm in eternally grey Pittsburgh on business), the sun will be back out, and it looks like it's gonna stay for a few weeks. And it might even warm up...!!!
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 03:21 PM

1 -most places will have a minium stay during fantasy fest, usually 3, 4 or 5 days. things usually don't get really going until tuesday night. wednesday night/thursday night/all friday and saturday until after the parade are the better times with duval st being closed to vehicles. saturday night after the parade is to crazy/crowded on the street - there are to many 'kids' from the upper keys/maimi area who take bus trips for the saturday night.

2 -second the idea of checking with keywestinns.com. they can usually find something even thought it is fantasy fest. many of the places within walking distance (old town) have a waiting list.