Family Vacation Ideas

Search

Family Vacation Ideas

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20th, 2004, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Family Vacation Ideas

Trying to decide where to go this year for a family trip. We have 2 kids ages 6 and 2. Have spent our last couple of vacations on Sanibel at Casa Ybel and we loved it. Thought maybe we would try something new this year.
We plan to go mid to end of May. Would like somewhere warm enough for the kids to swim. Would like something similar to Casa Ybel, maybe rental, 2 bedroom, pool, etc.
Your ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 03:28 PM

Have you considered Myrtle Beach?
The downtown is very crowded, but where we stay is more in a residential area, yet not that far from all sorts of things to do. Here is the website for the place we stay. www.forestdunes.com
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 08:51 PM

My 2004 calendar suggests that we've passed May already. Are there any more May's on your calendar?
Your post contradicts itself.
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 10:04 PM

I would assume that Ksanders mistyped as we all do from time to time and meant next year.
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 11:30 AM

You know, LoveItaly, it looks like you're right. Originally, it looked like a ghost post that had resurrected from 5 months ago. Upon a closer look, the difficulty in reading the OP was when ksanders typed [this year] two times in the OP. Mea culpa. Sorry if it was offensive. At the time, I had just read beeminor and chordcollector's craziness here.
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 12:31 PM

About tcapp's suggestion of Myrtle Beach. I love it(I live here!), but I don't think it will meet your criteria:

1. Family Trip: From mid-May to the end of May, MB has the honor of hosting two huge motorcycle rallies. Unless this is your idea of family fun, not a good time to visit.

2. Warm enough for the kids to swim: the ocean temps have not really warmed up enough in May to swim comfortably (obviously, if a heated hotel pool will do, then fine).

Instead, I'd suggest Seaside Florida, in the panhandle. It's been a while since my wife & I visited, but it was (and I am sure still is) a great resort that really caters to kids. Not completely sure about the water temp in the gulf, but I am sure it's definitely a little warmer than it will be here in MB.