Breckenridge Thanksgiving Dinner

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2004, 08:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for suggestions for Thanksgiving dinner in Breck for a fmaily, for early evening after skiing. Any other new restaurant ideas would be welcome, also. Thanks!
Old Oct 8th, 2004, 10:23 AM

In Breck my favorite place is Cafe Alpine, though may not be good for smaller children.

For something different look at Keystone. They have a horse -drawn sleigh that take you to a Yurt for dinner, with music, served family style. Personally I have not done it but want to take my nephews when they come. I am not sure when they start but I would think they would have it at thanksgiving.

Also at Keystone is the Fondue place at the top of the mountain, you take the gondola up. This I have done and it is a blast. They have an oompa band, very family friendly.
Old Oct 8th, 2004, 10:27 AM

Info from Keystone web site

Der Fondue Chessel
Step from the top of a mountain into a totally different world, and end your day the Bavarian way with a fun fondue experience the whole family will love. Our heated gondola whisks you to the top of North Peak, where you?re welcomed by warm fires and even warmer Bavarian-style entertainment. But the real star here is the food, served fondue and raclette style so everyone gets to prepare each morsel just the way they want it. Whether it?s a cozy dinner for two or a fun group gathering, you won?t forget the dip. Reservations required. Call 800-354-4FUN for reservations and info.

Horse-drawn Dinner Sleigh or Wagon Ride
This is really the way to get away from it all. The jangle of the reins, the whisper of sleigh across snow. There?s nothing more romantic. Your personal guide will take you on a cozy horse-drawn sleigh ride through the snow-covered valley to a beautiful restored ranch homestead, where we?ll serve up an incredible, custom dinner with all the trimmings. Shoot, we?ll even play you a few cowboy tunes. Perfect for couples, families and anyone who wants the real Rocky experience. Weather permitting. Reservations required. Call 800-354-4FUN for reservations and info.

Old Oct 17th, 2004, 12:35 PM

While Breckenridge Ski Resort will be open, I'm pretty sure there won't be enough snow for sleigh rides.

Cafe Alpine is one of my favorite restaurants in Breck, and they've always been welcoming to our young kids, but it's a more grownup, quiet sort of place. As I recall, they do have the usual kids menu (pasta, chicken fingers, etc.), but you might want to confirm that.

Blue River Bistro is another local favorite, but it can be very noisy, so we don't go there much.

The Hearthstone might be a good choice. Not as good food as the two above, but it's a pretty restaurant in an old Victorian, and noisy enough to cover kid noises, but not so noisy as to be irritating. I would guess they'd be a more likely place to serve a Thanksgiving dinner, as well.
Old Oct 18th, 2004, 09:45 AM

Another vote for Cafe Alpine. We love that restaurant.
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the ideas! Sounds like Cafe Alpine may be the best for us. Our kids are older & not very noisy.