Family Trip To Las Vegas

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 02:25 PM
Bubba

Family Trip To Las Vegas

It seems like lots of folks on this board get upset when someone mentions taking kids to Las Vegas. We used to drive through Vegas every summer when I was a kid. We stayed at the Circus Circus. That was 20 years ago... I turned out just fine. Steady job. No desire to gamble...

Anyway, airfare is cheap and so are hotels and meals, right? From what I hear, there are lots more things for kids to do now... I could care less about gambling, but my wife and I are seriously considering taking our two toddlers to Vegas for a week. Any hotel, restaurant, shows, attractions or other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Which hotel has most for young kids? Best pool? Nicest rooms? Best rates? Where are the best inexpensive family-friendly restaurants? Thanks!

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 02:43 PM
carol

I guess this question is not as oxymoronic as it would've been 20-30 years ago, but nevertheless I did a double-take when i read it.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 03:10 PM
annemarie

Hey, we took our teens to Vegas 2 years ago for a week and had a terrific time...now, toddlers well that is another story...I wouldn't worry at all about attractions for them...as you know, it really isn't that kind of place...nonetheless prices are right depending on when you go. We really enjoyed Paris...the rooms are superior to Treasure Islands for sure.

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 09:11 AM
Cathy

Why Vegas? There are other places to go, just as cheap. You just need to do some investigating. I really can't imagine staying with kids in Vegas for a whole week. I am not one of those kid haters that think kids should just stay home. I love traveling with my kids and they have been many places. Go to the beach, the zoo, the mountains, children's museums.

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 11:06 AM
M

I don't think there's all that many attractions for toddlers, it's more for older kids, but they may enjoy the lion and dolphin habitat at mirage and the shark acquarium at mandalay. Best pool area may not be best for toddlers, could be dangerous (wave pools, slides,etc). Mirage has a nice pool area and a shallow pool with some small slides. that may be OK. Blueberry Hill Family Restaurant is a decent, inexpensive place to eat. There are several. I think the one we ate at was on E. Flamingo Rd. There were some other similar places in the area. The strip tends to be pricey and many of the hotel restaurants aren't suitable for toddlers. The buffets probably would be suitable. We like Mirage and TI buffets.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 07:49 AM
Jackie

I have taken my now five year old and twenty year old twice to Las Vegas to see thier Grandfather who retired there. I found many things for my little one to do. Secret Garden and dolphin show at Mirage. Aquarium at Mandaly Bay was a big hit as well as the rides and cirus acts at Circus Circus. We stayed at MGM the first trip and Mirage the second. Of the two I would recommend the Mirage.

The Rain Forrest Cafe is a great spot for family dining. Traveling with small children you will prob need a fridge. There is a $15.00 a night charge for one at Mirage, you can get around this charge by telling them when you check in that you have a medication that requires refridgeration. Also there is a water park, Wet and Wild, but your guys are probably not old enough for that yet.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 04:22 PM
Ron

Take my word for it, use the money you plan to spend and have your head examined. This is a bad idea.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 06:40 PM
andy

bubba please keep your brats out of vegas. i leave mine at home can't we have one place with out kids ? thanks for your help.