Search

las vegas with kids

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
las vegas with kids

I'm looking for a nice hotel with activities for kids in vegas. any suggestions? WE're going in april
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 12:07 PM

Vegas, generally, is not a kid friendly place IMHO. I love Vegas and my kids have asked to go and I tell them it will be a 21st birthday present!

That said, we need a little more information:
How old are the kids, where are you interested in staying - on strip/off strip - what type of activities are you interested in???
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 03:57 PM
WannabeinaMontserrat

Although there are many kids in Vagas, they tend to run in the 21 - ?? age group. Vegas is NOT kid-friendly. My kids have been to NOLA, Key West & a host of other places, but I would never take them to Vegas.

Old Mar 9th, 2008, 04:16 PM

We are very religious church going family that doesn't gamble. That said, we have taken are 14 year old to Vegas on 3 different occasions. There is a lot to do in Vegas. It will make you and your kids feel slightly uncomfortable depending on how old they are. We have used Vegas as a place to fly in to the Grand Canyon and Death Valley. We usually spend one night there before and after the trip. I personally like Paris Hotel and the Cirque Shows.
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 04:23 PM

I have been to Vegas dozens of times on business and have taken both of my kids along (in varying ages from 6 months to 2 years). Depending on the ages of your kids, there are a couple of things that would be okay (The tigers/hidden garden @ the Mirage is my hands-down kid favorite). There's the roller-coaster/games area @ NY/NY. There's the boat-rides @ the Venetian. And my kids loved the floral display @ the Bellagio. If they are older, the Ka (Cirque) show is amazing.

That said, I loathe Vegas and when my kids got old enough (two) to be away from mama, they stopped going with me. I can't imagine taking them there for fun.
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 04:43 PM

While Excalibur and Circus-circus are actually geared toward kids, I dont think the kids will enjoy Vegas any more if you stay there ---but YOU will definitely enjoy it less! Therefore I strongly suggest that you choose a hotel that you (the adults) want to be at. Then do the following activities that both you and the kids will love. (check these out-- obviously they depend on your taste)
1. Mirage secret gardens
2. Startrek rides at the Hilton
3. Venetian Wax mUseum
4. Speedway at Sahara
5. The Mac King show- Harrahs I think
6. The Ronn Lucas show - fabulous but a little pricey
7. Stratasphere rides -these would scare the heck out of me, but your kids might like it
8. Gregory Pavlovitch (sp?) pet show
9. For evening shows: Blue Man Group; Terry Fator
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 08:01 PM

Why do people bring kids to Las Vegas? Is it that they can't think of anyplace else to go? I never can figure that out.
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 08:08 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
andreea: w/o knowing your children's ages, no one can give really useful advice. But, no, LV is not a kid-friendly, kid-focused place. Sure, you can have a nice time there - but you can have a much better time almost anywhere else.
Old Jun 5th, 2008, 07:48 AM

Just came back from 4-day Vegas trip. Brought my two teens (15 and 13), and they absolutely loved it!

These were the highlights of the trip:
1. Cirque "O"
2. Blue Man Group
3. David Copperfield
4. Hoover Dam "Hoot and Holler" comedy tour - the best!
5. Stratosphere and New York, New York rides
6. The lions, the tigers, (Mirage and MGM), the dancing fountains, the chocolate fountain, (the Bellagio), oh my!

these highlights were mine:
7. breakfast crepes at one of the Paris restaurants
8. 11 pm sushi and wine at Sushi Roku at Caesar's Palace
9. Shopping at the Forum for a Gucci bag (my first!)

and finally, just before heading to the airport:
10. Buying oddles of cheap souvenirs and gifts at the Bonanza Shopping Center (close to Stratosphere)

Stayed at Caesar's Palace - it was ok, but we didn't really hang out at the hotel.

Next trip, will make sure we don't miss the Cirque "Love", the Danny Gans show, and dinner at the Mon Ami Gabi in Paris.