Reload this Page >

Family trip Lake Tahoe - Help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 07:28 PM
mary

Putting together a last minute trip to Tahoe. Looks like there are 2 airports? I found a good deal on American to Reno/Tahoe(RNO) airport. Is this ok? Wheres the best place to stay on the Lake..area? We have 4 children ages 3-15. I 'd like to get a condo or cabin...10-12 days late July. Thanks! (gotta get out of the flooding here in Texas!)

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 08:09 PM
Beth

You will certainly fly into Reno which is only about 45 minutes from Stateline. (Tahoe Airport is very small and for private planes only). With your family, I'd recommend renting a condo. There are several beautiful timeshare condo complexes that you should be able to find one. You'll
love it there! Beth

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 06:39 AM
joesorce

Probably too late to get in, but check out www.meeksbayresort.com

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 06:49 AM
Annabelle

RNO airport is fine - it's about a 45-minute drive to Lake Tahoe from there. You can rent a car or there may be public transporation/shuttles available.
For a group the size of your family I would recommend a condo. A large group of us rented several from the Lake Village condos and were VERY satisfied. Great location, very well-kept accommodations, very reasonably priced. I will definitely stay there next time I go.... Website: www.lakevillageresort.com

Enjoy!

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 06:54 AM
Suzie

I would suggest staying on the north or west side of the lake since you have kids. Lots to do outdoors. Joesource above has a good idea and though I love Meeks Bay I don't much care for those cabins. They are very rustic and quite small. Even the stand alone ones probably wouldn't be comfortable for a family of 6. You could try for a condo or cabin through one of the rental agencies like enjoytahoe.com
http://www.tahoesbest.com/Lodging/
http://ntlr.com/
http://www.tahoevacationguide.com/

You should know that it's extraordinarily late to make lodging reservations for the end of July which is one of the busiest times of the season. We made our reservations in February and still missed our date by a day. Best of luck to you.