Search

FALL baseball and Arizona St. fair

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FALL baseball and Arizona St. fair

Hi,

We'll be heading down to Phoeniz area this fall for fall baseball and the bluegrass festival in Wickenburg. Wondering if refreshments are sold in fall like they are at spring training? Beer and hotdogs?

Need info on downtown(or other area) hotels/motels or r.v.parks to use for a night or two during the state fair. Any ideas on places to stay that are decent, yet still within walking distance or at least not to far to the fairgrounds??

Also, I checked the weather records for the temps middle of Oct through middle of November. Hard to put them in perspective. We always come in March for spring training so know what that is like. I assume weather normally is warmer in the fall--am I right?

Any thoughts on any of this would be helpful.

Thanks.
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 12:16 PM

I don't think there is any decent hotel within walking distance of the state fair grounds (19th Ave & McDowell). I have never been to fall baseball. They don't give it much publicity.

Temps are warmer in the fall. It can be 100 as late as the first of Oct, but it is dry heat and after the summer here, it always seems cool.

Some years it starts to get cold by mid November. Oct. usually doesn't have too much rain, but I remember one year where it rained 2.5 inches one day (about 1/3 our yearly total)
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Bigtyke,

I only found out about fall ball when I was reading a program over someone's shoulder at Electric Park a few weeks ago. Really sounds like fun, so we will do it.

Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Old Apr 16th, 2008, 12:09 AM
kkj

DO NOT stay near the State Fair. The area is not that safe. You do not want to stay around the fairgrounds. I don't think there is a decent place to stay anywhere in the area. I would base where you want to stay on what games you are going on. I live very close to the Peoria Stadium and there are lots of hotels, great restaurants and a wonderful mall all in the area. If your teams are playing there I would suggest you look into the area. It's about a 20 minute drive to the fair.
Old Apr 17th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all.

I think we will skip the state fair and stick to games and general enjoyment of the area. We usually see games, wander a bit, maybe hit a shopping center and a movie or two. Baseball is just an excuse to go, I guess. Will finish up the trip in Wickenburg at the bluegrass festival.

Thanks.
Old Apr 17th, 2008, 07:03 AM

I think we will skip the state fair and stick to games

They aren't saying 'skip the state fair', they are saying "there are no hotels or camping areas within walking distance of the state fair"