Experiances with Hotwire & Priceline Hotels

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 12:12 PM
ahh

Experiances with Hotwire & Priceline Hotels

What experiences have you had with hotels (3 and 4 star) booked at Hotwire and Priceline in New York City - Manhattan preferably around Times Square.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Postal

Last March I stayed in the four star Millennium Broadway just off Times Square for $90 per night thru Priceline. Our corner room was wonderful and the view was amazing.

Two years ago I stayed at the Marriott Marquis for $100 thru Priceline.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Marc David Miller

Take a look at

www.BiddingForTravel.com

which has a good database of previous winning bids, hotel zones, etc. I've used them several times for assistance with Priceline bids and the research time paid off well.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 03:36 PM
Connie

When I booked through hotwire.com for Times Square, I received a really nice hotel on 7th Ave. (Sheraton Towers). I was very pleased in all respects. I can't remember if it was a 3 or 4 star but it was very nice with typical high Sheraton standards.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 05:10 PM
SEH

We booked 2 rooms in April for 4 nights by bidding on Priceline: Midtown East Zone, 4* $75/Night and got the Hyatt. A phone call to the hotel to ensure a non-smoking room, and the free gold passport feature made our stay very enjoyable. We were never treated as "second-rate citizens" because of the Priceline rate. Our room had a king-size bed, large bath and was very clean.
The hotel is located on 42nd & Park, at Grand Central Terminal. We found this very convenient and walked to and from the Times Square area each evening for theater - not a problem, we like to walk and we had nice weather. You could also bus or cab if you did not want to walk. Let us know if you bid and what hotel you are assigned.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 06:00 PM
Eva

I got The Sheraton Towers in August for $82 per night thru Hotwire. It was listed s 4 star and we enjoyed our stay. The room was a decent size and the furnishings were fine. I asked for a room as high up as possible and we were accommodated although something around the 25th floor was what we got. Overall a positive experience with Hotwire.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 02:06 PM
xxx