Evergreen Lodge, Groveland, CA

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 09:55 AM
Nena

Evergreen Lodge, Groveland, CA

Hi,

We're thinking of staying at Evergreen Lodge, Groveland (near Yosemite).

Any comments about the place?? Clean? Safe? Comfortable?

Many thanks, Nena

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 10:03 AM
Liz

"Near" is relative I guess. Groveland is nearly 50 miles from Yosemite Village.

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 11:17 AM
Jan

Nena, We stayed at the Evergreen Lodge last September while visiting Yosemite, although the postal address is Groveland the lodge is about 8 miles from Broad Oak Flat entrance to the park. The cabins are quite basic but clean, ours had a king or queen sized bed, the bathroom although basic was again very clean with a shower, no bath. Outside there was a couple of rustic chairs and a picnic table. I felt the place was safe, no problems there. The inclusive continental breakfast was good, plenty to choose from also the restaurant meals in the evening were great, homemade soups, good steaks etc. just what you needed after a days hard hiking.The staff were very friendly and you can get things from the deli there for picnics while hiking. When we visited the road to Hetch Hetchy was closed due to repairs, guess they are all over with by now so you have the choice to explore that part of the park as well. All in all we were pleased with our choice as we felt it added to our trip to Yosemite, somehow staying in a swanky hotel would have seemed all wrong when there is all that wonderful scenery out there. ( Hope that doesn't sound too corney!)

Old Apr 27th, 2005, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Evergreen Lodge in Yosemite was renovated and expanded in 2004. It is a preety amazing place to stay. Very quiet and in the forest but close to Hetch Hetchy and various rivers. The new cabins are gorgeous and the food will really impress. The tavern is really comfy and historical with old pictures and a nice fire. They have nightly events like movies, slide shows and campfires with smores so there is lots to do and it gives the place a very appropriate feel for yosemite. I would highly recommend the place as it was high quality and fun at a modest price.
Old Apr 28th, 2005, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i stayed here in 2001. nice to hear they have renovated the cabins, although i thought they were pretty adequate. it was a 45 minute drive to the valley from what i remember. but mostly i remember the really good dinners we had there. i am hoping to stop there for lunch or dinner next month after spending the day at hetch hetchy (a part of the park i haven't seen yet).

have fun