Search

Evanston, IL Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 05:57 AM
Greg

Evanston, IL Hotels

Anyone know of a good budget hotel in Evanston, Il or any other north-Chicago location? Want to visit the city without paying the downtown prices and have a car.
Thanks, Greg

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 06:49 PM
ttt

ttt

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 09:52 PM
x

If you've been watching recent posts re Chicago and cars, Greg...then you know that what you save by staying in the 'burbs (such as Evanston) will be almost obviated by the parking fees for downtown. Not to mention the hassle/blood pressure rise/wasted time of trying to drive back/forth downtown (unless you're planning public trans...which would be quite foresighted of you.. but still time-consuming)
There have been recent posts here for Evanston...have you tried a search? Priceline offers Skokie (Old Orchard area), which is nearby....good luck.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 07:29 AM
marilyn

There is a new Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Evanston, with el service right outside. You wouldn't need your car, but I don't know what the charge is for parking at that hotel.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 11:38 AM
amy

You might want to check out either the Hilton Inn or the Omni Orrington. I have no idea what their rates are, but if you really want to be in the city, you might want to check out a boutique hotel (Tremont, Raphael, Whitehall). They might be similar in price and you'll be right where you want to be.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 11:44 AM
putter

Leave the car in Evanston. Take the commuter rail or the el downtown.