Enchantment vs. Canyon Villa Inn

Old Nov 6th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enchantment vs. Canyon Villa Inn

Trying to decide which one for mARCH TRIP WIth 2 adults and 3 kids. At enchantment we would have to do one room cuz of price. Anyone stayed at both? Any thoughts. Is 4 days a good amount of time in sedona.
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 09:43 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I haven't stayed at either but hiked right by Enchantment.

I think you have to decide on the focus of your trip.

I spent 2+ days in Sedona hiking. I stayed at the BW Inn of Sedona and as far as I'm concerned it was great. A full breakfast was included, it was clean and fresh (no luxury) and very centrally located. My room opened to a pation facing Chimney Rock. I couldn't ask for more.

I would definitely stay there again.
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 10:08 AM
TahitiTams

Stayed at Enchantment Resort years ago and even though I didn't pay, I find that $800-$1K for a room is outrageous..well Paris is excluded.
I have stayed at the BW in Sedona and it was great for the price $120
and the newest place that we have found that has the heavenly beds and the good linens with a great restaurant and a spa is the
Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa.
Love this place and I got a great deal on Expedia for $99 in the winter..
I go to Sedona at least twice a year and I would rather spend my monies other ways..
We always go to have lunch at the Enchantment Resort at the Yavapai..stunning views and great food.

sedonarouge.com

Old Nov 6th, 2007, 03:39 PM

Hi JuliaJane,
Although I haven't stayed at Canyon Villa, we did stay at Enchantment in one room as a group of five, including two children. The "extra" adult slept on a rollaway bed which I recall her saying was very comfortable. We had been hiking and had had a wonderful dinner at Enchantment and fell asleep the moment our heads hit the pillows.

Enchantment was blessedly quiet and when we woke up, we were delighted to find freshly squeezed orange juice on crushed ice outside our door.

I don't know what the prices are for March. Obviously, the prices do vary drastically from whatever the high is to much much lower rates off season.

While I recommend Enchantment, it's my understanding that the standard for resorts in Sedona is high. The likelihood is that wherever you stay, you'll be happy. Even if you do stay somewhere else, you can still have a meal at Enchantment providing that you make reservations so that the gatekeeper has your name when you drive up in your car. It is a gated community.

Jane
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 05:09 PM

I really liked Enchantment but didn't pay anywhere near $800-1 K, nor would I anywhere, Paris included. (Actually, Paris is a bargain compared to NYC)
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 05:55 PM
TahitiTams

artlover..
1 bedroom casita's go for around $1K
and that is about the average and I am sure you can get a room for about $450+ but my thoughts was why spend that kind of money when it can be done for a lot less and still be enjoyed..I spend quite a bit of time in Sedona and yes a wonderful suite is awesome but it's the sheer beauty of the red rocks of Sedona that are priceless that no room can match.
Remember she is going to need a least a 2 bedroom suite or 2 rooms..
Hey, if you got the $$ right on!

Paris imo is way more experience than NYC..
I just booked a week at the FS.. George V..yikes!

Old Nov 6th, 2007, 07:05 PM

Dear JuliaJane,
Artlover mentioned not having paid anywhere near $800 to $1K, and frankly, we did not either, but thinking back on it, we were there starting the first night of the low season in the summer when prices were dramatically reduced.

If it really does cost that much to stay at Enchantment in March, then I would second the motion to look elsewhere and compare costs.
Jane
Old Nov 7th, 2007, 03:54 AM

In early June, we paid approximately $500+/night for a Junior Suite at Enchantment. There appeared to be a number of families there with children enjoying themselves! We loved it and would return in a heartbeat.
Old Nov 7th, 2007, 06:23 AM

We stayed at Enchantment in Boynton Canyon and it was one of the most stunning places we have been. Besides the very comfortable rooms and kitchenette, the setting will offer hiking right off of the parking lot which will provide much-needed convenience with 3 kids.

While the prices can be high, depending on the season, it is the best place to stay in Sedona for us. There isn't much to do in Sedona besides hiking, jeep tours, spas and a few galleries so 4 days is great. You can tag along a day trip to Jerome if the family becomes restless. Or take a day trip to the Grand Canyon.

I recommend Enchantment as it has more than just a great room to offer you. The views, convenience of hiking and exploring and did I mention the views?! Like Ann Marie, I would go back in a heartbeat.
Old Nov 7th, 2007, 03:30 PM

Sure glad I went to Enchantment when I did! Had no idea it's that high now.

I was just in NYC a week ago and in Paris in April and even with the dollar in the toilet, felt Paris was a better value dollarwise, but both are absolutely worth every cent IMO!
Old Nov 8th, 2007, 09:21 PM

We stayed at the Enchantment early in October for five nights. It was lovely and we got a good deal with one night free. Keep in mind that the hotel charges a resort fee (for us it was about $22/night) for the room for each night. Since we really didn't use any of the resort facilities, that was money down the drain for us. Make sure you are aware of any extra fees and add them on to the room rate to determine what you will actually pay.

We were in Sedona for four full days and felt that that was too much. We hiked, took a jeep tour, drove all around taking photographs, spent an afternoon in Jerome and had booked a balloon trip which was cancelled because of high winds. We did the Verde Canyon Railroad trip which we found quite boring but others have enjoyed. One of the best things we did was stargazing with Evening Sky Tours out of Sedona.