Emeril's in Orlando, anybody been?

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 02:07 PM
Duger

Emeril's in Orlando, anybody been?

Booked it today for early March. I could only get a 9pm reservation. Any comments good or bad. What to enjoy or avoid. How about the tasting menu, anyone try it? BAM!!!

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Sandy

If you're talking about the Emeril's at Universal Studios Citywalk, we ate there in early January. We really enjoyed it. I had the stuffed quail, and it was great. My husband had the duck, and he STILL talks about how good it was. Our children had the junior filet mignon, and both thought it was delicious. As for desserts, I thought the banana cream pie was one of the best desserts I have ever had in my life! We also had some sort of chocolate torte, and that was good, too; just not as good as the pie. Couldn't tell you about the tasting menu, but we enjoyed everything that we had that night. Wait staff was very attentive to your needs as well. Good wine menu, too.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 03:02 PM
Gail

You can find a sample menu from Emeril's (and all other City Walk restaurants) at www.orlandotripplanner.com

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 04:10 PM
Gator Girl

Sandy, we also booked this week for early March (3/7 to be exact) and we have to wait till 9:30! Family members of our have been to both Emerils Restaurants in Vegas and they loved them both. We are also wondering if it worth the trip. Thanks for asking!

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 04:10 PM
Gator Girl

Sorry I meant to address my message to Duger!

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 04:49 PM
nina

Well, I ate there last March and was very disappointed. Way overrated IMHO, but then we go to a lot of really excellent restaurants in NYC so there is no comparison. It is probably the best place at Citywalk, but then again You don't go to Orlando for the food! If you live near a major metropolitan area with great restaurants, you probably won't want to waste your time and money.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 04:51 PM
nina

Just to give you an idea Duger, when I asked how the salmon was prepared, the waiter responded "The salmon is a pink fish" (Did he think this was news?). That should tell you something about their standards!

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 07:49 PM
e

JMHO but I feel any of the "satelite" offshoots of famous restaurants(usually found in Las Vegas/Orlando,etc)do not live up to the originals.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 08:34 PM
Alisa

Hi,

I went to Emeril's in Vegas--WOW! Really great food and fabulous service.
Top-notch. And although I have never been to NEW YORK, I know great food, believe me.

You will love it!

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 08:55 PM
Charles

i HAVE TO SAY i WAS REALLY UNIMPRESSED BY eMERILS IN nEW oRLEANS. COmpletely overrated restaurant.

THe rest of the food in the city was almost universally outstanding (Brennans excepted)

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 05:25 AM
Mimi

I suppose if your idea of a good meal out involves a visit to a restaurant which advertises on televison with a catchy jingle and has plastic coated menus, then you would most certainly find Emeril's to be a notch up on the gastronomic ladder. However, if you are used to excellent cooking you will be woefully unimpressed. While Emeril's is indeed one of the best restaurants in Orlando, that is not saying much. Orlando is a culinary wasteland, and as such, your goal should be to try not to fucus much on food while there.

You may want to use your trip to Orlando as an opportunity to begin that diet, or better yet, fast! It's healthy and a timesaver. Non of Emeril's restaurants has been recognized as being anything more than mediocre.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 06:36 AM
Valerie

I live in the Orlando area and have been to Emerils 4 times. I have always been very happy with the food. I've typically had seafood. The grouper and sea bass. My husband likes the veal and duck. He could give you more details, as he has been there more times. Also more of a food critic than I. Let me know if you want more info.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 07:09 AM
eater

We went to Emeril's at Universal fully prepared to be disappointed. (Friends wanted to go there, so we said OK).

The food and service were excellent. I travel on business and I've eaten in just about every major city in the US, so it's not as if I just stepped out of Peoria (with apologies to Peoria).

One note: If there's a fault with Emeril's food, it's in the Italian dishes. For some reason, I've found, Emeril and his chefs really don't know how to make good Italian food. Let's start with the fact that they put olive oil in the water they use to boil pasta. A no-no because it makes the sauce slip off the pasta. (If you ever go to Rome, mention the oil-in-water approach to someone there and be prepared to watch his head explode.)

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Chris

Went to Emeril's last year. Must have been during the "bug" season (or maybe it was just that time of day), but we ate outside and the little creatures were crawling up our legs. Food was "ok", not great, but not horrible. Waitress was VERY busy refilling soda glasses and we were charged for each refill. If you really want to experience Emeril's go and form you own opinion, but I do have to agree that there are other venues I would rather spend my money on. Orlando is a very nice area with much to offer.