Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

going to san francisco; hotel nikko vs westin st francis vs pan pacific hotel?

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 05:00 PM
karen

i am going to sf with my 2 teenaged daughters in march and have found good rates at hotel nikko, westin st francis and pan pacific hotels. which you you recommend? or should i stay 3 nights/3 nights in 2 of these? thanks, karen

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 05:09 PM
mark

i would definitely do pan pacific. much better than the other 2. good luck in ca...

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 05:18 PM
sara

The hotel Nikko is beautiful and the service is spectacular, but the westin st francis has the most comfortable beds in town. i come to the city at least once a month on business and have stayed in all the luxury hotels.

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 09:58 AM
kal

Karen,
Stayed at the St Francis and The Pan.
While The Pan was first class and "newer", we prefer the St Francis' old rooms. Agree w/ Sara on the beds. Comfey!

Good locations on both, too.
kal

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Prue

Karen,
I have also replied to Simone about this same subject.
We stayed at the St Francis in September. The hotel was fine and our room in the Tower was reasonably large and comfortable.
However, we found the numbers of homeless people in the street and gutters outside the hotel very offputting. On several occasions they were aggressive (we are a middle aged couple) and very intimidating, and it certainly ruined out stay.
Therefore, in my opinion if either of the other hotels are away from Union Square I would choose one of them.
There has been a lot of debate on this Forum on this subject, in earlier posts.