Notices

Eats in DC

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 09:20 AM
Leesa

Eats in DC

Recommendation for Sunday Brunch in 2 wks. Staying at Grand Hyatt near Metro Center. No car but metro or cab available.

Under $30 per person

Thanks!

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 11:57 AM
citysue

@$29.99 per person, Sundays 10:30 - 2:30 at the Smithsonian Castle Commons Restaurant. IT'S LOVELY ! reservations necessary 202-357-2957. Enjoy and please give us a return report.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 02:39 PM
George

Great food recommendations can be found at chowhound.com . Quite an active DC board.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 07:39 PM
E.

Is Perry's in Adams-Morgan still doing Drag Brunch on Sundays? I liked the food and the show...

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:34 AM
Karen

Well, it's not a typical "brunch", but Jaleo's near the MCI Center is a Tapas restaurant where you can order all different appetizers to make your meal - cold, hot etc. I love doing it for brunch on Sundays. I don't know the exact address but it's near 7th and E St.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:36 AM
Shawn

I would check out www.washingtonian.com - they have a great restaurant section.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 11:48 AM
Ann

Try www.washingtonpost.com The Post's restaurant critic is a lot better than the Washingtonian, which seems to like EVERY restaurant in town.

There's a live chat with the Post critic every week (Tuesday, I think, but not sure). You can post questions. You can also cruise the archives. There are always questions about brunch.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 07:35 PM
Jen

Another vote for yummy Jaleo!!

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Kristin

Gabriel in the Radisson Barcelo (P Street in Dupont Circle)
has a wonderful brunch. Not sure of the exact price, but i think it's around $30. Enormous buffet with a very diverse selection of American and Mediterranean foods, plus a roasting suckling pig. Be sure to make reservations, and they only do 2 seatings.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 11:40 AM
hans

A second recommendation for Gabriel. One of my favorites.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 05:43 PM
april

One of the lovliest brunches is supposed to be at the Renaissance Mayflower Hotel, on Connecticut Ave.

I've been there for dinner, and it's a very pretty setting. Many people have told me that the brunch is amazing, but I've yet to try it.

If you're staying at Metro Center, then I believe it would be just one metro stop for you, to go to the Faragut North Metro stop. It's less than a block away.