East Coast Weather Sucks!

Old Dec 4th, 2003, 12:22 PM
GoTravel

East Coast Weather Sucks!

This weather on the east coast sucks! I'm in the deep south and it is pouring and temps are in the upper 40s. I hate this. At least we are not going to have a freeze.

Old Dec 4th, 2003, 12:28 PM
Kal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad News: About the same in NoCal and rain expected for the Calif Int Marathon this Sunday.#39;(

Good News: The Gino's East pizza's I ordered just arrived and we'll be "firing one up" tonight!
Old Dec 4th, 2003, 12:44 PM

I know what you mean. Here in Naples a couple fluffy white clouds just started obscuring the sun a while ago. It is currently 82, but they say it may drop to the upper 60's tonight!
Old Dec 4th, 2003, 12:47 PM
iceeu2

It's raining here in North Georgia...with predictions of sleet and snow flurries on Saturday.
Hey, GoTravel...guess I will just have to dream of going to warm sunny Hawaii...if only I had the money!!!

Old Dec 4th, 2003, 12:47 PM

Thats not very nice of you Patrick! Here in Charlotte it is in the 30's with a cold, cold rain. A year ago we had THE ice storm. I'm thankful its nothing like that. I didn't have power for 2 days then.

I'm also thankful that on Saturday I'm headed to Vieques where it is nice and warm!!!
Old Dec 4th, 2003, 12:49 PM

You need to spend one -- just one -- winter in Nebraska.
Old Dec 4th, 2003, 12:50 PM

Dog pile on Patrick!!!! Northern CA is low 50s and raining and my car is parked in the outer limits with the umbrella under the back seat!!!!
Old Dec 4th, 2003, 12:53 PM

Not as bad here (Durham, NC) as Charlotte, but it is raining and cold and yucky. My boss took today off because she was concerned about the weather (?)

Patrick, do you have a spare room to rent?
Old Dec 4th, 2003, 12:54 PM

Well, we have a winter storm warning in effect here in Maryland. Rain, sleet, freezing rain and snow all coming our way, with 2 to 4 inches of accumulation expected. Here comes another messy winter!
Old Dec 4th, 2003, 12:55 PM

Ok... come on up to NYC. Talk about ick this weekend.
Old Dec 4th, 2003, 12:57 PM
GoTravel

Ugh. Just watched the weather forcast on The Weather Channel and there is another winter storm expected to piggy back on this one.

No thanks about Nebraska. I'm going to South Florida tomorrow or Saturday.

Old Dec 4th, 2003, 12:58 PM

No thank you, K_9 - Nebraska winters I would not want to try! I've already had my share of winters having lived in Minneapolis and Central PA.

I've actually been considering moving further south lately. Now that winter weather is here I'm thinking about it more and more. Before I moved to Charlotte several people told me that winters here were nothing and if we did get snow (which was supposedly rare) it was gone by noon. Now that may have been true my first year here, but in the past 4 it seems like it gets worse and worse! Has anyone else noticed that?
Old Dec 4th, 2003, 01:04 PM

Sorry to hear about the sucky weather out east (and up north here in CA). Although the weather is actually kinda nice here in southern CA (daytime highs in the low 70s, nighttime lows in the upper 40s-low 50s-- good for cuddling!), a little rain would actually be appreciated (cleans the air, washes off the sidewalks). But not a lot of rain-- no one knows how to drive in the wet stuff, and those fires left a lot of hillsides ready to melt into mudslides. Hopefully a little shower or two may slide down from the Bay Area....
Old Dec 4th, 2003, 01:18 PM

Well, the chicken is roasting in the oven, there is plenty of firewood, and I got extra tape for the packing boxes so Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow~

Then I will drive to Flaaarda~
Old Dec 4th, 2003, 01:25 PM
GoTravel

Raht in front of ya Miz Scahlet on ma way to Flaarda!

Old Dec 4th, 2003, 01:28 PM
GoTravel

Greeaattt! Tropical Storm in the middle of the caribbean. I'm sure it will hit Florida just in time for my arrival.

I'm done with Mother Nature.

Old Dec 4th, 2003, 01:39 PM

Yeah, let's kick Mother Nature out!

Old Dec 4th, 2003, 01:44 PM

Asheville, NC -- Currently 33 degrees, and the ground is covered with slush, because it snowed last night, then got covered with ice, and it's been raining ever since. Some rain and freezing rain is expected tonight, with snow by the weekend.

It's cold, slushy, rainy, and blah!
Old Dec 4th, 2003, 01:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
rjw, I think we're supposed to get a little rain on Sunday. I sooo sympathize about cold weather, here in San Diego today the high was 63 -according to my "Weatherbug". In two weeks I'll be off to really cold weather in London and Edinburgh, though!
Old Dec 4th, 2003, 02:18 PM

49 with rain and high winds in the Seattle area. I think windstorms are actually kind of fun though.

63 degrees sounds darn good to me Barbara. I get very uncomfortable when temps hit the mid-70s, so I think that temps in the 60s are perfection. I understand where you're coming from though. We moved to Seattle from Charleston when I was a kid. It was 75 the day that we arrived and coming from 90+ degree South Carolina heat, that *was* cold.

My company owns a subsidiary in Alaska and when the employees there come down here in the winter months, they wear shorts outside when it's in the 30s.

It's funny how "hot" and "cold" are so relative.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -