Drive Time from Weston, FL to Naples, FL??

Old Mar 4th, 2007, 05:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Drive Time from Weston, FL to Naples, FL??

I hope one of you Florida experts can help. Can you give an estimate of how long it would take us to get to Naples from Weston on a Friday in April? We plan on leaving Weston about 9:00 AM. and are heading to a condo on the beach in Naples.
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 06:24 AM
J62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Input your start and finish into maps.google.com and it will give you directions, distance, and travel time.
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 06:28 AM

Since you should have very little traffic slow down LEAVING western Ft. Lauderdale and not be hitting a busy time in Naples, you may make it in an hour and a half -- two hours tops if you're really talking about a Vanderbilt Beach or North Naples condo.
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 06:45 AM

Just because you can do the trip in 2 hours doesn't mean you should! Think about heading to Tamiami Trail and the Shark Valley Visitor Center for the tram tour of the Everglades. (You can also rent bikes - my favorite- or walk). You'll pass lots of airboat operators, too, if that's of interest. They Clyde Butcher gallery is always a great stop. Large black & white photos of Florida landscapes. www.clydebutcher.com
So I would say the drive time from Weston to Naples should be 5-6 hours.
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 06:52 AM

keymom, your suggestion makes a lot of suppositions. If I recall, schmerl is just headed to Naples for a one day visit with someone. I'd suspect her question was more concerned with how soon they could get there, not how to make a mini vacation out of it.

But your suggestions are good for anyone with lots of time to spare. I much prefer the Trail to Alligator Alley when I have extra time, or if I'm just going between Naples and Miami.
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

NeoPatrick,
You have a great memory!! Yes, my sister and I will be visiting my nephew in Weston and driving to spend a day with a friend in Naples. Thank you for the information. My nephew had also said about an hour and a half, but he drives like a maniac. Other people had said two and a half hours. We;ll just plan for in between and figure two hours will give us plenty of time.
Thanks again!
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 04:34 AM

Ah, sometimes travel is about the destination, I guess. As to actual travel time, I'm a slow driver. If I had to meet someone at a specific time in Naples, I would plan for a 2 hour drive.
Perhaps I will entice Schmerl into a daytrip to my beloved Everglades! There's no other place in the world like it.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 04:37 AM

keymom, where exactly do you live?
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 04:40 AM

keymom, where exactly do you live?

schmerl, we live in "downtown" Naples, just below 5th Avenue South and we have made it to the Ft. Lauderdale airport in just a few minutes over and hour and a half a number of times, and that's of course, dealing with the Ft. Lauderdale traffic between Alligator Alley and the airport. I set my cruise control about 5 miles over the speed limit (I'm one of the slower ones).
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 03:07 AM
Original Poster

keymom,
Who knows....we'll be in Weston for a week, so we just may take a trip to "your Everglades". Of course our main reason for this visit is to spend time with my great nephews and niece, so they may win out over the Everglades!!
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

Here's the exact address where we'll be heading in Naples.

10420 Gulf Shore Drive
Naples, FL 34108

Any advice on directions? I know mapquest and the others don't always give the best route.
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 07:00 AM

When you come across Alligator Alley, after passing by the toll booths (no toll to exit) stay on I-75 until exit 111, which is Immokalee Road. Take that exit to the west (left after the ramp). Immokalee Road changes names to 111th Avenue and then to Bluebill Avenue, but just keep going. Go West all the way until you reach the Gulf, which is Gulf Shore Drive. Turn left and it won't be very far.
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Original Poster

NeoPatrick,
Thank you so much. You are such an asset to these boards!!!
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 06:25 PM

NeoPatrick - my 2 hour estimate was assuming a start in Weston - in addition to not being a fast driver, I allow time for a gas stop and getting lost. My husband would be the first to say I'm not the best judge of how long it will take someone else.
Schmerl - What a blessing to be able to visit your "grand" family. Have a wonderful time. Of course, grand nieces and nephews are allowed into the Everglades!
Old Mar 9th, 2007, 03:12 AM
Original Poster

keymom,
Yes it is a blessing to be visiting them. I haven't seen them for over a year which is just inexcusable!!! Since I have no children, they are truly like my grandchildren and their father (my nephew) has always been one of my favorite people in the world.
By the way...I ALWAYS leave time to get lost. I was not there when they were giving out a sense of direction!!
I know they can visit the Everglades, but it seems they are constantly involved in one sport or the other and have practices and games etc. It will jsut be good to get their hugs!!!!