Downtown Seattle Restaurant recommendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are the not to miss restaurants in downtown Seattle? We won't have a car and will have to rely on public transit. Open to all types of cuisine. Lunch budget is $10-$15 and dinner $25-$30. Also, information on places to eat at the Pike Place Market are appreciated. How far is it from the Sheraton?
Old Jan 25th, 2009, 08:15 AM

If you like entertainment with your dinner, would suggest Dimitreau's Jazz Alley; easy walk from downtown.
Old Jan 25th, 2009, 08:54 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
In the Market for lunch- Market Grill (sandwich counter), Emmett Watson's Oyster Bar (cafe), Steelhead Diner, Etta's Seafood.

Lunch nearby- Mama's Mexican kitchen (2nd), Ohana's tiki room or Frontier Room BBQ (1st).

Dinner: Assagio's italian, Lola's or Dahlia Lounge (all on 4th), Wann's or Saito's (japanese on 2nd).

All are walking distance from the Sheraton.
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 10:15 AM

I second Mama's Mexican Kitchen (sit in the Elvis room), Etta's, & Dahlia Lounge.

Also near downtown is the International District.
12th & Jackson St. has many resaurants. Vietnamese dominating.
Absolutely delicious dishes.
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 12:30 PM

A couple suggestions in the Market: Matt's in the Market and Cafe Campagne. Also Beecher's for take-out/counter service (great mac and cheese).
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 12:32 PM

Also for take-out in the Market, deLaurentis and Mishou!
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 01:51 PM

We have eaten frequently at Wild Ginger and always enjoy it. It's a larger restaurant, but the service is always bang on. Fabulous Asian dishes...just be sure to reserve at least two weeks in advance. I would put it on your must list!
cheers,
CC
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 01:52 PM

Forgot to also recommend Cafe Campagne for a wonderful brunch if you are there on the weekend..or for lunch on a weekday. It is steps from the market!
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 01:56 PM

Another vote for Cafe Campagne. Also, Le Panier is great for a morning coffee and croissant. We like to go in the early morning and watch the market vendors set up. Tucked back in the market is a great crepe place. Not fancy by any means, but the Athenian is where we grab a bowl of chowder and sit by the window for a few minutes.
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 03:52 PM

If you want fish for lunch in the Market, try the Market Grill, just north of the pig statue (it's a lunch counter). Or Emmett Watson's Oyster Bar that is down the hallway near the original Starbucks (look for the shingles hanging along the sidewalk pointing the way.
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 04:56 PM

The Pink Door is excellent. Serious Pies for pizza- it is fun and very good pizza- it is right around the corner from Dahlia Lounge. Lola's is another good choice- they have little plates and in good weather serve outside- this restaurant is across the street from Dahlia Lounge attached to the Hotel Andra- which I can also reccommend- it suit our needs very well and was situated near the bus and trolley lines. I've not been to Buca de Beppo or to Etta's- but friends recommended both when we were in Seattle and we just ran out of time. So many restaurants- not enough time!!
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 01:23 PM

If you are here this month (March, 2009) you can enjoy some wonderful three-course lunches for $15, or dinners for $30, at restaurants participating in the Dine Around Seattle program: http://dinearoundseattle.org/

I feel the need to mention that when we dine at at Jazz Alley, Etta’s, Steelhead Diner, Lola’s, Dahlia Lounge, or Café Campagne, the bill, with tax and tip, is always well over $15 per person a lunch and $30 per person at dinner.
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 04:00 PM

Definitely the Market Grill. You can't go wrong there. I would second Jazz Alley and the Dahlia, though happytrails... is right: both will be over your budget. The lunch menus are just as good, though, so if you'd be willing to switch your day around a little and eat a better lunch and lighter dinner, you could do that. If only you could go a bit extra and eat at Anthony's on the Pier ... Gorgeous. That was THE guest restaurant when I was a U-Dub student (go Huskies!); we'd blow a student loan payment there but it was worth it. There are other places you can go on public transport that would be just as yummy, but it all depends on what you're looking for. Seafood here is unparalleled, so keep those in mind.
Old May 13th, 2009, 09:11 PM

I would welcome a restaurant suggestion for lunch within short walking distance of the convention center in Seattle. We are out of town on business and would like something unique to Seattle in a spot that quiet enough to allow conversation. Group of 4. Moderate cost/business casual or casual environment. Thanks!
Old May 13th, 2009, 10:33 PM

Near Pike Place Market is Etta's Seafood.Everything tasted like it had been fresh-picked that instant. Fabulous!
Downtown we loved Lola's so much we ate there 3 times in 1 week.
Old May 14th, 2009, 07:24 AM

for donnasand~ Il Fornio is fun, in Pacific Place. I also like Andaluca's the restaurant at the Mayflower Park hotel. Both those are a few block walk from convention center.

I love Etta's & Lola's, as mentioned but they are quite a bit further away on the other side of downtown.