Don't know if it posted

Search

Don't know if it posted

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't know if it posted

Message: O.K I am confused. I posted earlier. Me and my girlfriend are going to SOBE for 8 days and then to the Keys for 3. We want some night life. Nothing crazy just some restaraunts and maybe a few bars. Key West is out and I was down to Key Largo or Marathon then Islamorada was thrown in by someone. When mostly want to relax but be able to do some activities and go out at night. We want somewhere really beautiful( or as close as possible for the Keys). And want to stay on the beach. Sorry to be so broad. Someone mentioned Holiday Isle( and thank you) but it looked too touristy and CRAZY. Just too add some confusion want the carribean feel. I greatly appreciate the responses...I'll send a check out to everyone....)

Beau

Old Mar 4th, 2004, 10:23 AM

Can't speak too much for the Keys, but I know South Beach a little bit.

For nightclub info, I'd suggest checking out this website:

www.southbeach-usa.com

Explore it a bit, check out the Nightclubs section. Nikki Beach Club, Privé, Opium Garden, Rose Bar at the Delano and SkyBar come up as "hot spots" quite a bit. B.E.D. and Tantra are gimmicky (and a bit past their "Sell By" date, IMHO), but could be fun.

Restaurants? Discussed over and over again on this site. You can do a search and get everyone's recommendations (I've posted a few times on my faves). They tend to be on the pricey side, so be warned.

Have fun!
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 10:39 AM

I would choose marathon over key largo. Marathon has a beautiful public beach, sombrero, recently renovated really clean. Also, another public beach on coco plum drive in marathon. Plus, key west is doable for an evening from marathon as long as youre careful with your drinking. Only 1 road down there and cops are everywhere this time of year. Have fun.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 10:44 AM

to see if your earlier post, click on your author id, ir type it in the search box.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 10:45 AM

You did get 2 responses to your earlier post.
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 08:14 PM

Marathon epitomizes a laid back town. I have stayed there in mid March, which is peak season, and was able to zip around to the beach, to the grocery, to restaurants, all within five to ten minutes. Most people speed by to get down to Key West, which is fifty mile away. The seven mile bridge begins at Marathon's southernmost end. There is a key called Pigeon Key that runs below the Seven Mile Bridge. There is a shuttle that goes out to Pigeon Key. The shuttle uses Flaglers old railroad bridge. Also, in Marathon, try the Key Colony Inn. Very good and very reasonable. Also, there is the Quay Tiki Bar, which serves the biggest and best burgers and grouper sandwiches at the best price. Indeed, there is a lot to like about Marathon.
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 09:58 PM

Once again, http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa...ame=turn_it_on

I have lots of info here on where we stayed in the Keys and South Beach. You can get your night life in SB and then totally relax in the Keys.

love
roxy