Search

dollar car rental

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 09:26 AM
harold rockett

dollar car rental

I,ve had bad reports about long waits at dollar in miami.Is it likely to be that bad at 8:00 a.m on a thursday morning.thanks H.

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 10:46 AM
Statia

I always use Dollar at MIA and have never had to wait in line or had any problem with them. I am usually picking up about 10 a.m. and dropping around 9 p.m.

I wouldn't think they'd be that crowded at 8 a.m. since most of the incoming flights start arriving a bit later.

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 11:19 AM
No $ no

Be wary reollar. They have instituted some new "fuel plans" and "insurance plans" and are getting very, very cagey about letting you rent without taking some insurance (they imply it's not optional or very dangerous not to have it). Be stubborn with them -- stick to no insurance (assuming you have your own car insurance) and bring back the tank full.

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 12:03 PM
kc

I agree with the last poster - we rented a car in Las Vegas from Dollar -lines were not bad at 2:00 Sunday afternoon, and the cost was considerably less than the other rental angencies. However, they were very insistant that we purchase insurance - got very angry and rude with us when we wouldn't. They also wanted us to pay for gas refill up front (at a good price per gallon), but we would be paying for a full tank, regardless of how much gas we returned the car with. We refused this too and the agents were very unhappy with us.

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 12:05 PM
Statia

I use Dollar quite a bit when I travel in the US, so I appreciate the feedback here. Thanks. I'll be sure to keep these things in mind.

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 12:32 PM
x

join there club for fast check in....I think it`s Quicksilver...could be fastbreak...

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Lorna

I thought I was the only one bullied by Dollar. They insisted it was a "better deal" to buy the gas from them, that "outside the airport" it would be much more. But they charged me for 21 gallons! and I checked the owners' manual and it said that the car only had a 17-gallon tank (and we all know that you usually can only get about 15 gals. at most in a 17-gal. tank anyway).

BEWARD DOLLAR!

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Lorna

oops: "BEWARE" -- I was thinking, sadly, of "reward."