dog friendly lodging

Search

dog friendly lodging

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dog friendly lodging

I seem to remember seeing a post about a website that listed dog friendly lodging. We're too lazy to have a pet, but the information would be helpful to my niece. Does anyone know the site? Thanks.
Old May 20th, 2014, 04:44 PM

bringfido.com ?
Old May 20th, 2014, 04:50 PM

That's about the best web site I've found.
Old May 20th, 2014, 05:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes that's a good website. "La Quinta Inns" and "Motel 6" is the good short answer.
Old May 20th, 2014, 06:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My advice is for you to contact ANY property listed as being pet friendly to ensure that it is still true. You can also determine if there are any additional fees for "cleaning" and how much they are. You can also find out if pets are restricted to certain rooms (which IME is often the case) and whether or not those rooms (locations/bedding) would be acceptable.
Old May 20th, 2014, 06:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BTW, some chain hotel websites will list properties by whether or not they are pet-friendly. The Marriott.com site comes to mind.
Old May 20th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all
Old May 20th, 2014, 07:45 PM

The desktop version of Orbitz.com has pet friendly as one of the search options.
Old May 21st, 2014, 03:16 AM

Kimptons are dog friendly and a wonderful chain!
Old May 21st, 2014, 04:26 AM

Kimpton was the first thing I thought of as well!
Old May 21st, 2014, 04:29 AM

Microtel is the best for us. I am not that crazy about them but they take our big Boxers and always give us a ground floor room by the door. Hampton Inn puts us on the top floor.
I never leave them alone in the room but the 25 pound weight limit really ticks me off. A small dog can do more damage than my big guys and they are yappers.
Old May 21st, 2014, 04:48 AM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
The easy answer is LaQuinta. I love them when traveling with pets. No extra charge for pets. Decent free breakfast. Consistent lodging. I especially like the "&Suites" hotels. A hotel that is just LaQuinta may be one of the original buildings. The LQ&Suites design is lovely and the rooms are bigger. 99%+ of the LQs are pet friendly. The one in Manhattan is not and I think there are 2 others somewhere that are not.

I don't stay at Motel 6 and Microtel hotels but others do.

The Kimpton group of boutique hotels are very nice at a higher price point. Going even higher, Four Seasons spoil your pet rotten.

SOME hotels in the Holiday Inn group allow pets. You can do a search function at their website or here's a link to their pet friendly hotels -
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/hd/pet-friendly-hotels

Call first! Their pet policies vary widely. Sometimes it's a per pet charge per day. Sometimes it's a non-refundable pet deposit. Each individual hotel (or franchise owner) sets their own pet policy.

Personally, I like the original Holiday Inn building design with pool in the middle of 2 story buildings with exterior room entrances when traveling with pets - and there's more of those in my area than Holiday Inn Express hotels that allow pets. It's just easier to walk and manage dogs.

The same is true for Hiltons. I didn't think any Hampton Inns allowed pets, but learned that some do. Just like the HI group, do a search on their website and call the hotel front desk for clarification.

For me, it's just easier to know that the LQs will be happy to see my pups. I don't have to read the fine print to discover the limitations - extra charges, size limitation, etc.

I do love the Hotel Indigo in Atlanta. They are very happy to see pups and even have a dog friendly happy hour on their outside terrace once a week. Like many hotels they put the pups on the same floor (3rd) to minimize disturbances for other guests, but I've found that pups are better hotels neighbors than a lot of other two-legged guests.
Old May 21st, 2014, 06:17 AM

We usually just took them to my parent's house in De so had to find hotels along the I-95 route. We had the Microtel in SC and the Hampton in Va that we knew would take our Boxers. We have a pet sitter normally but they loved going to my parent's house so would take them there. You just have to be aware of the weight limit.