Search

DisneyWorld in June

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 09:24 AM
Ani

DisneyWorld in June

I am thinking of taking my husband to Disneyworld in June for his b-day (he's never been)-and we would be visiting the parks on a Fri and Sat-is this just crazy? What kind of waits can we expect in lines? etc etc-

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 09:33 AM
linda

Ani- could you do it in May instead? Since you have no kids- I would suggest that you pick an off-peak time. You'll have huge crowds and waits.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 09:54 AM
Rich

A nice idea, but June is really a pretty bad time to go -- very, very hot and very, very crowded. If at all possible, May would be much better. Fri & Sat in June will be even worse.

Not trying to scare you off, but I'm just afraid that since this is his first trip, he will really be turned off if you take him at the time of year when WDW is its worst.

Even though it won't be his birthday, fall would also be a better time of year to go (though that's hurricane season, so you there's an off chance you could deal with nonstop rain or worse).

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 03:21 PM
Postal

Does he like roller coasters and movie stuff? If so, forget Disney and stay at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 05:27 PM
Gail

Postal's idea of going to Universal/Islands of Adventure is a good one. Stay at one of the onsite hotels--Hard Rock or Portofino Bay and you won't have to wait in lines. Just show your room key and go right in the express access line for attractions.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 08:09 PM
Ani

Great info! Thanks!