Notices

Disneyworld

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Tom Lampos

Disneyworld

My wife and I are taking our two kids (Girl 7, Boy 4), to Disneyworld. We were wondering if Epcot and/or MGM Parks would be appropriate for them. Also, we've read about this place called DisneyQuest that has Video Games and Interactive rides. Would this place be appropriate for them and is it worth the admission? Also, we are going during the Easter break (March 28th thru April 4th). Can I expect to see tremendous crowds and should I avoid the parks on Saturday/Sunday? Thanks.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 10:33 AM
abc

We went to Disneyworld last year at the exact same time you're planning on going this year. Yes, the parks were crowded, however, keep in mind that this year Easter falls on March 31st so there's a good chance they won't be that crowded. I would definitely take your kids to Magic Kingdom, MGM, Seaworld, and while you're in Orlando, I'd visit Universal Studios, the Islands of Adventure side. Epcot is one of my favorite parks. The only reason I don't recommend it for your trip is because your kids, at their age, won't have much to do there and will not really understand what it's all about. That's your call though. Epcot is fantastic. We did 3 nights in Orlando and then a 4 day Disney cruise to the Bahamas. Incredible vacation. We stayed at the Beach Club Resort in Disneyworld. Excellent resort, would definitely go back. Have fun!

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 11:01 AM
x

Doesn't matter when Easter falls--it is always crowded...

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 11:22 AM
abc

x - Have you been to Disneyworld during Easter?

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 11:47 AM
abc

x -

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 02:42 PM
Gail

I've been to Disneyworld twice during Easter. The parks were aboslutely packed. The Magic Kingdom was the most crowded. Just get there as soon as the parks open. Then go back to your room for a rest. Both times we were there during Easter the parks were open late. That way you can go back after a nap and enjoy the parks in the evening.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 06:47 PM
Sylvia

Tom,
It will be crowded, but take your time and spread out your days. I think your age kids would enjoy Magic Kingdom and MGM more than Epcot. If you have a park hopper pass, do Animal Kingdom (which will take half a day) and then do half a day at Epcot. I think you will all enjoy DisneyQuest - the games are really cool - I love the Pirate ride and the create your own roller coaster. You will also have fun driving into and cannon balling each other in the Buzz Light Year Bumper Cars.
Enjoy yourself

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 03:01 AM
gail

When my son was about that age we were shocked that he greatly preferred Epcot. The Magic Kingdom crowds were a little too much for him in large doses. Yes, it will be crowded, but get to parks early, leave and swim at hotel, come back and all will have a great time.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 04:39 AM
deb

If at all possible, stay on Disney property. The ease of staying there makes for a relaxed vacation even IF the parks are crowded. When the crowds seem too much, jump on the water-taxi/bus to go back to your wonderful pool and relax!! The resorts are a vacation all of their own. There are a few really good Disney sites out there and discounts are available if you look. Just don't try and do too much.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 09:41 AM
jan

Been Easter a few years ago, it's crowded. Just bring your patience and you'll be ok. Have'nt been to DisneyQuest but I believe they'll like MGM and more so Magic Kingdom for that age bracket. Defiently plan on Magic Kingdom. This of course will also be the most busiest park during that time.
Don't worry, you'll still have FUN!!!

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 04:40 PM
susan

We're going to Disney World also during Easter. I've heard horror stories that it will be "packed". However, we went to the Disney Store last night to buy our tickets, and both ladies at the register commented that they predict it's going to be slower than usual because they've only sold about 25% of the tickets that they normallly do this time of year. I sure hope they're right!

BTW, our entire family prefers Epcot.