Clarion Hotel Canal Street

Old Oct 28th, 2001, 09:43 AM
Al

Clarion Hotel Canal Street

We have made tentative reservations at the Clarion Hotel 1300 Canal Street for mid January. We have 1 King with complimentary continental breakfast for $89 a night (published rate $329). It is fairly new any info would be appreciated.

Old Oct 28th, 2001, 12:21 PM
xxx

What city is this? The state you 'picked' when you posted this doesn't show up when the post appears (it's only there for searching purposes)

Old Oct 28th, 2001, 01:09 PM
John

I assume you mean the Clarion New Orleans on Canal Street.

For that rate, it's probably not a bad deal. Trust me when I tell you that NO ONE would ever pay $329 to stay there, however, so that "published" rate is fairly bogus.

The hotel is fairly new and is a converted office bldg. Location is not so good, however, as there are housing projects nearby.

I'd stay ONLY because of the rate as there are far better hotels in the city.

Old Oct 28th, 2001, 03:14 PM
xxx

Cancel your reservations. I wouldn'd stay there for free!

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 07:34 PM
CM in Biloxi

Al -- If this is the same Clarion I'm thinking about, it's not that bad. It's the old Jung Hotel that has been redone. I know it's been the Clarion for at least 15 years. I was in it about 10 years ago and the bathrooms still had that small octagonal tile floor. But, other than that, it was o.k. Just stay away from the Days Inn that's right up the street.

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 11:12 PM
John

CM, the hotel you're thinking of has been the Radisson for six or seven years at least.

The Clarion just opened and is within a block or two of the Radisson.

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 06:34 AM
Kristen

We stayed at a Clarion on Canal Street in Jan 96, which was up near the hospital I think. It wasn't anything super, and unless you don't have other options, I'd stay elsewhere; we were in town for the Sugar Bowl & that was the cheapest/closest we could find in downtown. There's nothing around, and it does get creepy at night. I'm sure you could find similar rates, or a little higher, closer to the French Quarter. But, I suppose it depends on the focus of your visit.

Hope this helps.

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 03:41 PM
CM in Biloxi

John -- thanks for the correction. That is why I list my residence as Biloxi, not New Orleans. don't know much about my own hometown.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 02:25 PM
ttt

ttt

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 06:11 PM
Tom

Al, That is NOT a good part of town. I'm sure you could get a similar rate in the French Quarter at a B and B or a budget property. The free breakfast isn't worth the location to me..