Disney's Grand Californian Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2003, 06:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband & I are thinking of staying at the above mentioned in February next year for a week.
Looking for any opinions on the hotel etc.

Also, what is the weather like at this time of year? We will be coming from a hot Australian summer & need a little help with what to pack!

Thanks in advance!!
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 06:54 PM

I stayed there in April. It is the nicest and most conveniently located hotel in the Disneyland area. You simply can't be closer to the parks, and the restaurants and shops of Downtown Disney are right there too. Indeed the hotel has its own private entrance into California Adventures. One thing I liked about the hotel is it is not overly Disneyesque. Yes the lobby piano player focuses on Disney songs but you don't see Mickey's face everywhere you turn. My one complaint is that the rooms are on the small side. For the price they charge, I expected more space. We paid up for the theme park view. It was okay, and surely better than looking at a parking lot, but probably not worth paying a large premium for.

The weather in February will be kind of like Sydney in winter. Rain is possible but more than likely you'll have nice but chilly weather. Chilly by southern California standards, meaning a sweater or light jacket will be fine.

Do keep your eye out for deals on this hotel. I got a fairly attractive package deal through Disney but after arrival learned some other guests were paying even less for their rooms.
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 09:29 PM

Even tho we live in Southern CA we have stayed at this hotel a number of times and have enjoyed it every time. It is a great location for the Disney theme parks and even more important to us - it has the Napa Rose Restaurant. We love it!!
Old Sep 20th, 2003, 06:40 PM

My wife and I stayed in this hotel in March of 2001 and had a room facing the California Adventure Park. It was a nice room, but each morning at 6:30 AM they started playing the theme music for this area, and played it at a LOUD volume. Needless to say we didn't sleep too well in the early morning hours. The hotel was nice, reminded me of the Disney hotels....the Beach Club and the Yacht Club....at Walt Disney World in Orlando. Very nice room, but nothing special for the price. We were, and you will, be paying, for the location, which you can't beat.

We ate at the Napa Rose restaurant and thought it was very nice.

You can't go wrong with the location and the accomodations are very nice.
Old May 6th, 2004, 03:37 PM

It's my daughter's dream to stay here for her 14th b-day in September. How do you look for "deals" at this property? I know a lot of posters refer questions to the disboards.com but I like you Fodorites much better!
Thanks.
Old May 7th, 2004, 07:25 AM

Go to www.mousesavers.com
You can get info on special rates at all the disneyland properties.