Disney's Fort Wilderness Cabins?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll admit I'm a bit of a snob, but we're travelling with a group that can only pay around $250/night for a family of 6, so we're considering this location. I'd like to hear about everyone's opinions. I'm concerned that since they have RV hook ups and camp sites, that the crowd will be kind of raunchy. Any comments?
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 10:19 AM

Raunchy? Hmmm...let's just pray that you never find yourself in a neighborhood with a Wal-mart after dark. you can read reviews of the Fort Wilderness Cabins at http://allearsnet.com/reviewpost/sho...8&cat=3&page=1

There is another option - the WDW All-Star Movies have new family suites that accomodate up to 6. It is one of Disney's Value Resorts so I can't guarantee that only the right types of people will be there - you might have to contend with non-whites and people who eat Slim Jims. But someone with your superior breeding should be able to rise above the situation.
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 10:34 AM

We are not campers, but our family really enjoyed the Fort Wilderness experience. The cabins are actually very nice manufactured homes (trailers) with siding that resembles log cabins. The appliances are modern and spotlessly clean - even a dishwasher with detergent included. We had a Murphy bed in the living room for Grandma and Grandpa, Nice sofa, chairs and kids size table and chairs. The back bedroom had a double or queensized bed, bunk beds and we took a pack & play for the baby and still had room to get around. The bathroom had a nice tub, shower and vanity. The spacious deck had a grill. We brought brats, chips, fruit and cookies from home (90 miles away) and had a great cookout the first night. We loved the tall pine all around and each site is angled so you only see a couple other "cabins" around you. We then took our golf cart that we rented and rode over to the campfire where Chip (buck teeth and Black nose) and Dale (gap in teeth and red nose) came by and played 5 minutes or so with each of the kids. - and big kids too. It was really fun. We took our own coat hangers and marshmallows , graham crackers and chocolate bars and made s'mores. They will of course sell the stuff in a little kit to you from the snack stand that is right there - but is $$$. Then we watched a silly Disney movie when it got dark. We then drove the golf cart down to the beach and watched the Magic Kingdon's fire works. Next morning we drove the golf cart past the RVs and camp sites and waved at everyone greeting the day as we went down to the boat docks to catch the boat to the Magic Kingdom. It was great. First time for us, and we all loved it. You don't have to rent the golf cart because the bus does go around the campground but, then you have a little walk to each circle of cabins, and we didn't want to carry sleeping little ones any further than necessary. Everything is clean and everyone we met were respectful of others. Well- some of the Hoop-de-doo Revue Crowd were a little rowdy - Maybe you should have supper there just to loosen up a bit - but get reservations right away. It is the best show in town!! I am sure you will love it.
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the replies. I just don't know what to expect. I'm pretty much a city girl more than I'm a snob. In fact, I can be rauncy sometimes myself. The walmart comment was very funny.
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 03:36 PM

To tell the truth - most of my friends consider me a bit of a snob. I've never seen the superbowl all the way through. I have been to the Santa Fe opera and I am pretty fussy about hotels - they've got to be clean. I like funky hotels and stayed in a treehouse in Maui once. I don't like roving bands of spring breakers. I don't like Slim Jims...well, I don't think I do - I've never had one. But my girls think they're great.
Old May 10th, 2006, 11:28 AM

I guess I am one of those "raunchy" people you're talking about. My family just returned from tent camping in Fort Wilderness for a week. I would not consider anyone we saw there "raunchy"! My husband is an executive but we chose to camp at Fort Wilderness because we love to camp and thought it would be something different after having stayed at many of the most expense resorts there. Most are families with kids and everyone is very respectful of those around them. The campgrounds are immaculate and everything is very well taken care of. No one could possibly be pickier than I am and I thought it was wonderful.
Old May 10th, 2006, 12:29 PM

Have you been to Disneyworld? I think you'll find most of the visitors to be "raunchy".
Old May 11th, 2006, 07:56 PM

NOTE: its "DISNEY" so one would expect it to be clean and nice. AND IT IS.
I don't even know why they call the cabins there cabins....as a previous post indicated they are manufactured homes. Think of them as INDIVIDUAL motel suites. They are very nice, and not connected to a hotel building. Each one has its own SPACE. That is a good thing....this way if there are any raunchy folks around....they won't be toooo close to you.