Search

disney world golf

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 12:34 PM
tom

disney world golf

anyone know anything about the courses at disney world? any one that's special?

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 08:49 AM
melanie

Try disboards.com It's all WDW & I've seen this asked before, someone there will help you out!

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 08:59 AM
melanie

I guess I'm bored, I copied this info for you from disboards...

Depends somewhat on what you mean by advanced beginner and how large his ego is. All the courses have basically four sets of tees which some refer to as the pro (longest) tees, the regular men's, the senior's, and the ladies (shortest). Disney refers to them by colors (I believe on at least some of the courses they are black (pro), crest (regular men's), gold (senior's), and red (ladies)). If his ego allows him to forgo the regular men's tees and instead go for the senior length, then he will be OK on any of the courses. If he must play the regular men's tees (only those with handicaps below 5 should even attempt the pro tees), then best bet for an advanced beginner is Lake Buena Vista (which you did not list and is the easiest of the five 18 hole courses), followed by Magnolia (longest course but very wide fairways), followed by Eagle Pines (shortest course from any length but still quite difficult because it is "target" golf with much trouble around greens). At the regular men's length, Palm and Osprey should be avoided unless he does not mind being beaten up by the course and losing a lot of balls (for example, I have seen "advanced beginners" go through 20 balls in a round at the Palm and like numbers at Osprey). Note that pro tournament mentioned above is played on the Palm and Magnolia and thus those two will be unplayable by WDW guests from the 14th to the 20th. Clubs are available for rent but expensive -- about $45 for steel shafted and $60 for graphite (plus tax); they have been Callaways and at times Titlelist in the past.

DH loves to golf at WDW-that's how I get him to go! And I also (based on what he's said) vote for LBV. You can make ressies at any of the 5 courses thru WDW-GOLF. DH says LBV is the "best buy"-all courses are lovely, all in very good condition, people friendly, but LBV is the least expensive. Check out www.wdwgolf.com for more info.

Have a great vacation!

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 12:46 PM
dcp

LBV would be my first choice and Magnolia's second. FYI- Magnolia is the WDW "signature" course and features a Mickey Mouse shaped sand trap (unfortunately I've hit into it).

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 02:10 PM
LilMsFooride

I hadn't seen this request before or I'd have answered. Magnolia is a beautiful course and well maintained. I spend all my time in weeds and water so this course was great for me and my 27 handicap. Crisp sunny day thinking about everyone slogging through snow back home (metaphorically speaking) just increases the pleasure. The courses aren't cheap.