Dinner Philly Airport area

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 11:05 AM
jill

Dinner Philly Airport area

Where is the closest "ok" restaurant near the airport? Meeting friend with 3 hour layover and want to have dinner outside the airpot.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 11:29 AM

Marritot?

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 03:00 PM
t

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 04:28 AM
Liz

I was hoping somebody would have an answer for Jill, because I could use a good place, too, but I suspected there really wasn't anything. They've been upgrading the airport itself, so the best bet is probably something IN the airport, especially with your limited time-frame.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 04:32 AM
Nancy

Every year before our vacation we stay at the Hilton and have dinner at their restaurant. The food is pretty good, not gourmet, but not bad.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 07:46 PM
h,m,m,m

Since the layover is only three hours, and since only ticketed passengers are allowed access to shops and restaurants IN the airport, the Marriott is probably your best bet. It is connected to the airport. You can park in short-term parking (at Terminal B, I think) and she'll be able to walk there directly. (She will have to go through security again to re-enter the airport proper.)

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 06:51 AM
alexa

There are some good restaurants in South Philly which would probably be around 10-15 minutes in car. You could just meet at airport and go to Friday's (at airport), although that is not really good food, but a place you can sit and have a drink...

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 09:01 AM
BTilke

With only 3 hours, I would not leave the airport complex. The Marriott is a good idea--the bar is a good place to meet and you can eat there (or in the hotel restaurant). I had a four hour layover in Philly and spent an hour catching up with a friend over a light meal at the Marriott (pretty good, actually, a soft shell crab dish for about $10). The security lines at Philly airport tend to be S-L-O-W (due to understaffing) so you want to give yourself plenty of time to get back into the gate area. I think it would be too much time pressure to leave the airport area. You want to focus on your friend and not be checking your watch constantly and worrying about getting back to the airport on time.