Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

dinner on the beach in maui...NEED HELP ASAP!!!

Apr 18th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Original Poster

I need some help finding a place that has a reasonable price to have dinner on the beach in maui. Does anyone know of such a place? All the ones I have found the price was $300. I want this for my sisters wedding present but I cant spend that much money. Would you please help me out?
We leave in 2 weeks from today!!
Apr 18th, 2006, 04:11 PM

We had dinner at Pacific'o - the tables are on the sand and it is very romantic - great food, too. I think they have a website so you can check out the menu - entress were in the upper 20's-30's. My friend also went there recently (on my recommendation) and loved it, too. It is expensive but not $300 for 2 people unless they drink a lot of expensive wine!!
Apr 18th, 2006, 05:52 PM

We like the Five Palms Restaurant at the Mana Kai Maui on Keawakapu Beach (between Kihei and Wailea). They have early bird specials in addition to the regular menu. Wonderful open air oceanfront location. Check them out at:
www.fivepalmsrestaurant.com
Apr 19th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Original Poster

thankyou soo much...this is waaaay more reasonable than what i found! any more suggestions would be great!!!
Apr 19th, 2006, 08:03 PM

On our honeymoon my hubbie and I went to the Feast at Lele. It is ousdoors on the ocean luau show with assigned terraced table seating and a fabulous many course meal. It was pretty romantic and less than 300 dollars..although it is not cheap! We still remember this fondly and have some great photos from it as well! aloha!
Apr 19th, 2006, 08:04 PM

www.feastatlele.com
; O )
Apr 19th, 2006, 08:30 PM

We also went to the Feast at LeLe for our 30th anniversary 5 years ago. It was fantastic and very romantic for suree.
Apr 20th, 2006, 06:30 AM

At the south end of Lahaina is I'o, right on the beach with both covered and open garden seating. Wonderful (mostly seafood) menu, ocean view, romantic. Same ownership as Pacific O next door which has more land dishes. I think their website is www.iomaui.com
Apr 20th, 2006, 10:56 AM

The Feast of Lele, I'O and Pacific'O are all next to each other on the beach and are all owned by the same people. A friend said the food at the Feast of Lele (luau) was delicious. I think that would be a very nice gift but I think it is over $100/person. Pacific'O was good - not great. If you try one of the restaurants instead of the luau, I would maybe try I'O.
Apr 20th, 2006, 08:28 PM

For Japanese food, Sansei in Kapalua is truly one of the best restaurants I've been to (for the price).

Mama's Fish House (though out of the way) is supposed to be a great restaurant and relatively reasonable.
Apr 21st, 2006, 04:23 PM

what i remember about lele. the food was yummy and interestingly presented by a very physically fit wait staff. the free open bar was very good. nice flower and shell lei greeting, cornball prom-style with sunset over molokai-style photo op.

I wonder if you could put something together yourself or with the help of a friend or two. Like a basket with blanket, wine..mebbe find a secluded spot somewhere and set up a little picnic. If it's sunset, do them a favor and include some bug repellent. I know it sounds humble, but i bet it would be nice to have this done for you. There are hotel services for this, but they are pricey amd wouldn't have that special touch that you probably would! Then, if you want to continue on the feed them romantically gift, you could probably even tack on a gift certificate to one of the recommended restaurants (perhaps for lunch if the tab gets too high). aloha and good luck.
Apr 21st, 2006, 05:23 PM

Mama's Fish House has a beautiful oceanfront setting, but I put it in the "expensive" catagory. Lunch entrees are in the $30 range. I prefer Mama's for lunch, to better see the turquoise waters, windsurfers, etc. Here's the website, but no prices listed:
www.mamasfishhouse.com
Apr 21st, 2006, 08:46 PM
trippinkpj

Mama's is in a beautiful setting. Lunch is a good idea to keep those dining costs under control. For dinner, I think it's too pricey for what you get. Or go for a drink and appetizers.

Apr 22nd, 2006, 09:06 AM
Ag3046

I have had superb meals at Mama's and the setting is lovely. It is not private, and you will not have a solitary table on the beach if that is what you are looking for. I also concur that going for lunch or drinks and appetizers is a better value. Too many people, too crowded for dinner for me. (you can eat quite well in the bar, although it's small)

Although the commercial hulas and feasts mentioned (Feast at Lele, Old Lahaina Luau) are entertaining for a one-time thing, please do not think they are in any way very private or romantic. Think 300 people eating at a buffet. The shows are good and the food is surprisingly good, but it ain't romantic in the least if this is your one big dinner.