Dining on the Northern Coast

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have been loving our time here in Seaside the past few days! We have been enjoying some great meals at Taste of Tuscany, the Sandtrap in Gearhart, Norma's Ocean Diner and last night we LOVED discovering a new gem in Seaside called the Seaside Inn. Oceanfront dining with pretty views, great food and service.

Yesterday surfing at Indian Beach in Cannon Beach was cool, the weather was gorgeous in Cannon Beach and Seaside yesterday. We have been enjoying nice, long walks on the beach, bike rides the cool, coastal air. After my husband's surf lesson today we will be heading over to Astoria for dinner and a movie there.

Anyone traveling to the area with questions, feel free to ask, we will be here for awhile! ***kim***
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Original Poster

We enjoyed another great meal at the Ship Inn in Astoria, we love the Halibut fish and chips here. Last night was the Pacific Way Bakery & Cafe for dinner after the Dark Knight movie, we enjoyed the Duck Breast with Cherry Glaze and the Caesar Salad with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. The dinners are served with home baked breads. Yummy!

We also did some wine tasting at the Wine Haus after the movie, it is now re-opened since being closed for awhile due to smoke damage. A glass of a WA Merlot paired nicely with the Duck. ***kim***
Old Jul 30th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

A couple of nights ago we enjoyed dinner at the Yummy Wine Bar here in Seaside, we had our server pair our wines with our food which was fun, we left it in her hands. We started with the Gazpacho soup followed by the Caprese salad and shared the Halibut with a Chardonnay from New Zealand, everything here was of the finest quality. For dessert we shared the Summer trio which was wonderful.

Last night we ventured into Cannon Beach and enjoyed a nice, romantic dinner at Bistro in the front room there with a table by the window. The Greek Lemon Soup was wonderful and I had the Sea Scallops with a Sweet Corn Risottos, my husband had the halibut which he said was very good and also the Pear Walnut salad. It was rainy yesterday most of the day and the sun started to come out as we were finishing our meal. Love this place! Newman's was full, you need to make reservations here for dining in the summer. ***kim***
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

This past Sat. night we enjoyed a lovely meal at the Stephanie Inn, we were seated at a table for 2 by the window at the 8:30 seating. Our 4 course meal included: Caesar Salad with white anchovies, Savory Seafood Chowder with Chili oil and micro celery, the Halibut Fillet with organic arugula,, snow peas and peach salsa and a Dark Chocolate Mousse Cake with berry sauce, pistachios and crushed toffee.

Our meal was wonderful, service was outstanding and ambiance very romantic. Yes, this is my favorite dining place on the Oregon Coast! ***kim***
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 10:20 AM

It all sounds beautiful and delicious. I always enjoy reading your comments. Fifteen minutes ago, I made a dinner reservation at Cyrus for October - it will be great!
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 10:41 AM

Stephanie Inn is one place where an inside-the-room table might be better than one next to the window. You can still see the hills to the east, but don't have to look down on the parking lot.

Any reason you're now using Fodor's and TA for restaurant discussion and reviews, kimamom? You didn't get booted off all the food boards, did you?
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

Yes, Cyrus is amazing! We dined there for the second time this past March. A true foodies heaven! Please report back after your meal there, Healdsburg is such a gorgeous area to spend time in! ***kim***
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Original Poster

I have just created an album of our meal at Stephanie Inn on egullet, there are also photos of our meal at Cyrus if you're interested. Enjoy! ***kim***
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Original Poster

We enjoyed another yummy meal at Yummy Wine Bar this past Mon. evening. This time we were seated in the back of the restaurant and shared a wine flight of white wines with the green bistro salad which was beautiful in presentation and very fresh. I had the Pasta Primavera with Shrimp which was excellent and my husband enjoyed the Halibut with Fingerling Potatoes as his entree. We shared the Summer Trio for dessert again since we liked it so much last time. Love this place! ***kim***
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 01:23 PM

Hope you don't mind my posting on your proprietary thread, kimamom, but I was wondering if you spotted any "true foodies" last time you were at Cyrus. And did you get any photos of them?

Also wondering if you've stuck your head outside long enough to give us the weather report for Seaside today. Sunny and warm here in Portland.
Old Aug 15th, 2008, 02:12 PM

beachbum....she is too busy surfing the net for restaurant reviews and posting on TA to go outside. Silly you.
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 03:46 PM
Original Poster

Last night we had some fantastic Sushi at Tora Sushi here in Seaside. The night before that we enjoyed a great Mexican meal at Mazatlan, this restaurant has recently been remodeled and is beautiful in side with lots of Mexican tiles and colorful waals and booths. Very good food and friendly service here, the Chili Rellenos were wonderful.

Today at the Astoria Sunday Market, I had a Gyro sandwich with Lamb, we picked up some Peach Salsa and Buttercream and Raspberry White Chocolate fudge and beautiful flowers to take back to the beach cottage.

After spending some time at Ecola State Park and driving around (the guys are elk hunting) we went to the Dairy Queen in Seaside for some ice cream, the weather is beautiful here on the northern coast today! Lots of tourists enjoying the busy Labor Day weekend, it's great! ***kim***
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 09:11 PM

It is just terribly sad.
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 10:42 PM

It is indeed jtrandolph. Very sad.
Old Sep 10th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Original Poster

The menu at Yummy has changed and they have a fantastic Fall menu now. A couple of nights ago I had the Crab & Mushroom Risotto which was delicious, the 3 of us shared the Crab and Artichoke dip, also. A glass of New Zealand Sauv Blanc went nicely with the Risotto. My husband ahd son each had the Duck Breast with Fingerling Potatoes, I took a bite and it was perfect! For dessert we shared the Pear and Pineapple Crisp with Macadamia Nut topping and vanilla ice cream. Pumpkin cheesecake was also on the dessert menu. Some other Fall entrees include the Pork Tenderloin, Venison Stew and a Gnocchi dish that I hope to soon try.

Pig n Pancake here in Seaside has been nice for a couple of breakfasts this past week. I discovered the Swedish Pancakes here with Fresh Strawberries (upon request) which were perfectly prepared and dusted with powdered sugar. This is a great breakfast option in the Seaside area. Weather this past week has been the BEST of the entire summer. ***kim***
Old Sep 15th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

The Bridgewater Bistro in Astoria was again, wonderful. We enjoyed the Fried Calamari, Wild Salmon special, Fillet Mignons for my husband and son and yummy desserts here. The place was packed full on a Fri. night.

This past Sat.morning we had a nice breakfast at McKeown's in downtown Seaside. The Crab Cakes Benedict are very good here, they also give you complimentary scones and mini muffins which is a nice touch. The quality of the food is a bit better than Pig n Pancake, I highly recommend this place for a great breakfast while in the Seaside area. ***kim***