Search

Digital camera

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Digital camera

I want to invest in a digital camera for vacation photos this year. Any thoughts, suggestions on what is decent, price, accessories, etc? Thanks.
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 11:36 AM
jenifer

If you search here (and maybe also the europe forum) for "digital camera" you will find other, very lengthy, threads covering this exact topic, including links to 2-3 excellent web sites that compare cameras.

You can get the info you desire much faster, and more completely, using the search than by waiting for people to answer here!

Old Feb 12th, 2004, 11:37 AM

Look Here for numerous reviews:

http://www.megapixel.net/html/issueindex.php?lang=en

I bought a pint-sized 5 megapixel Konica KD-500Z. It's small, lightweight and takes great photos - but it seems to be very suseptable to being damaged (put out of commission actually) by even the slightest bit rain. Consider how weatherproof the camera is.

Ken
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 08:41 AM

Check out the CNET website for reviews

http://reviews.cnet.com/Digital_came...g=cnetfd.glnav

They have good top 10 lists for different categories of digital cameras. My favorite point-and-shoot camera is the 5MP Canon Powershot S50. Good size and takes awesome photos. It's sturdy and is easy to handle. Personally, I don't recommend those tiny digital cameras. I have a real hard time keeping them steady when taking photos. This will be a problem in low-lit places where they don't allow flash photography, like in churches or museums.
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 10:09 AM
caribtraveler

ah...so many digital cams, so many different prices....
you should check out www.consumerreports.org to see what best fits your needs.
we recently purchased the nikon cool pix 4300. it's rated the best of the 4 megapixel cams.
we LOVE it. i especially like it for its size (it's so small!!). takes great pix too. we paid a little less than $300 for it.
good luck.