DFW to Downtown Dallas

Search

DFW to Downtown Dallas

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DFW to Downtown Dallas

Can someone please help. I need to know the cheapest way to get from DFW to the Sheraton in downtown Dallas. Thanks in advance
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 05:41 AM

This is the cheapest, although not necessarily the easiest:

http://www.dart.org/riding/dfwairport.asp
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 06:17 AM
yk

If you mean the Sheraton hotel on N Olive Street...

The cheapest way (which will take quite a long time) is:

From the terminal, take the Remote South shuttle bus to the CentrePort/DFW Airport Station. There, you get on the TRE to get to Union Station (30 min ride). Then at Union Station, you change for the DART (either Red or Blue Line) and get off at Pearl Street Station. Total fare $4.

The Sheraton is 2 blocks from the Pearl station.

The TRE does not run on Sundays.

Alternatively, you can take thee Remote North shuttle to the DFW/Remote North parking lot. From there, take the #310 bus to the North Irving Transit Center. Then, transfer to the express route bus #202 towards DOWNTOWN DALLAS and get off at Olive/Live Oak stop. The Sheraton is right there. It costs a total of $3 if you buy the day pass. These routes only operate on weekdays.
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 06:44 AM
J62

Shared ride vans (avail curbside) can be a cost effective method (<$20), but I would not call them time effective. My last experience was that I waited about 20min for a van going my way to show up - there is an attendant w/ radio to tell you which van. After the 20min we drove for about 45min and made several stops. Not bad some of you may be saying. Well, those several stops were at each of the other terminals. After 45min driving I finally arrived. No, not at my destination/downtown hotel, but right back at my starting point. They wanted to fill up every last seat on the 14person van before heading downtown. Next time I'll use a taxi, and share it if I can.
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 06:59 AM

As you can see "public/mass transportation" for DFW to Dallas (andr Fort Worth) has sever limitations. You most practical (thus "best") options are: 1) Taxi, 2) Limo/Car Service, 3) Rental Car.

Check out the DFW Airport website for summaries of your transportation options and get links to various services:

http://www.dfwairport.com/transport/
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 07:20 AM

Probable cab fare depending on time of day is about $50 without tip for a basis of comparison.
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. i have a five hour layover between my arriving flight from Fresno and my departing flight for London. Since I have never been to Dallas, I wanted to meet a friend near the Sheraton.
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 02:20 PM

With that time frame your only viable option is to take a taxi.

Remember your connection time is from scheduled touch down to scheduled take off. assuming your inbound flight is "on-time" it can take anywhere fron a few minutes to 15 minutes to reach the gate and another 15 minutes to deplane. It's about a 30 to 40 minute drive between DFW and the Sheraton assuming you are not going in "rush hour", figure you need another 20 to 30 minutes to get through security on your return to the airport. Your outbound flight will begin boarding 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure. All that effectively uses up about 2 to 2 1/2 hours of your layover time meaning your actual "free time" is closer to 2 1/2 to 3 hours - don't waste it by trying to take public transportation.

Enjoy your brief stay in Dallas.

Old Aug 14th, 2008, 06:44 AM
yk

Maybe your friend should come to the airport to meet you.

The fastest way, which is taxi, will take at least 30 minutes, depending on traffic.

Old Aug 17th, 2008, 05:40 PM

There is also the Sheraton at Market Center, so if you go downtown be sure to clarify which Sheraton you're going to. Personally, I think your friend should pick you up at the airport, rather than you trying to find your way down and back in a strange (and huge) city. If you miss that plane to London, it's probably 24 hours to the next one.

You asked for cheapest way to get downtown, but you really need the fastest.