Destin, FL - Condo advice

Jun 14th, 2002, 05:31 PM
Molly

Destin, FL - Condo advice

My husband and I along with our 18 mo. old are thinking about going to Destin, Florida in either September or October. We've never been to the Gulf. However, we've heard that Destin has one of the most beautiful Gulf Beaches.

We want to rent a condo, however, we want to stay away from the "high-rise", "hotel type" condominiums. We're geared toward something more secluded, but we would still like to be on the beach and within walking distance to some restaurants.

Is there a better time to go? September or October? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 14th, 2002, 06:14 PM
Tim

Molly,

September and October are the two best months to go to Destin. Less crowded, not as hot, water is usually beautiful, days are still long, no waiting at the restaurants.

I lived down there for 10 years but haven't been back since 1993. The weather conditions haven't changed in September or October but the condo situation has. A good web site you might look at is: http://www.destinresorts.com/
for more information on condominiums.

You are definitely going at the best time.

Jun 17th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Paige

Also check VRBO.com. I posted a want ad there in April for Panama City Beach and had a couple of people contact me that had condos in Destin that weren't on the beach but within walking distance. Sounds like more of what you are looking for.

Jun 17th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Big Red

90% of the property in Destin is owned by Abbott Resorts. Website is probably abbott.com

Jun 17th, 2002, 06:20 AM
Big Red

Sorry...I was wrong. It's www.abbott-resorts.com
To add to my previous comment...we've stayed in condos and cabin/house type properties as well as some hotel/resorts in Destin with Abbott and have never been disappointed.

Search this Thread