Search

Delray Beach Hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delray Beach Hotel?

My husband has to be in Delray Beach on business in a few weeks and I am trying to find him a hotel. The company will foot the bill, but I enjoy finding him boutique-style hotels when he travels out of town...any such thing in Delray? Thanks!
Old Nov 5th, 2006, 05:54 PM

Hi,
My father lives in Delray so I go down about once a month, but I have never stayed in a hotel. I would definately stay at the Marriott (very nice!)http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/PBIDR
if you want to be able to walk to the beach (right across from it!) and walk to stores (Atlantic Ave has cute shops.) They have a nice brunch there too. There are too Marriots right near eachother in Delray. Make sure you stay att he one on N. Ocean Blvd. One side of it is on Atlantic though.
Another hotel I always walk by and think looks great, but is a little bit of a walk to the beach is http://www.thecolonyhotel.com/florida/home.html
It's near the restaurants, shopping and nightlife.
Atlantic Ave is where all the action is and both these hotels are on it. If you stay at the Marriot I would definately have breakfast, lunch or dinner at Luna Rosa on Ocean Blvd (just steps away from the Marriott across from the ocean.
Let me know when you decide and I can try to give you some places to go. We eat out there everynight!
Old Nov 6th, 2006, 01:25 AM

The Colony seems quainter than the Marriot, we walked that main strip yesterday. There's an old fashioned mood in the area, a mix of old and new.
But definitely not what I would call boutique-style.

Old Nov 8th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the information! Hubby is out of town even as I type this, but as soon as he gets home I'll have him check out both websites and make a decision. He's meeting clients in Delray, so I think they'll know something about the eats in the area, but I'll definitely have him suggest Luna Rosa to them!
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 04:05 PM

good luck!