Search

Dec. holiday

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 04:39 AM
al

Dec. holiday

We have 5 students from Mich. looking to get away in Dec. California will be the place. Someone suggested Hollywood,but I have heard it's a nasty place in general. Friends of mine have been to Del Mar and said it is nice.Any suggestions for places to stay in Del Mar and is there an off season.

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 09:33 AM
cal

Hollywood is nasty, although it's better. Not good for staying but def. good for a visit - hit the Chinese Theater and the new complex at Hollywood and Highland. I don't know about Del Mar but I would think San Diego proper would be better for students. More to see. There is never really an off-season but so many choices they can find something economical. Do a search for San Diego.

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 09:33 AM
cal

I have an older friend who races her horses at Del Mar - I think of an older crowd when I think of there.

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Carolyn

Hollywood is gross. Forget it. Del Mar is not a good place for younger people. Stay in Laguna, Newport -South Orange County area. Half way between LA and San Diego and plenty to do right here.

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 11:48 AM
xxx

Where to send five students for a California getaway depends on the age group, their interests, and budget. Also, when in Dec. do they plan to travel? While Del Mar is -- as you say -- "nice," the students would probably enjoy a destination with more activities.