Search

dc to myrtle

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dc to myrtle

I am going on a golf trip/colege reunion with some friends in august. I have looked for fares on orbitz and several other online travel sites. I have found flights (from dca) for as low as $203. I will probably be taking one for $230 because it fits my time schedule better. is this a good fare from regan, or should i wait/look elswhere for another fare. thanks for any info.
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 04:23 AM

Look at Spirit Airlines or Air Tran. Both of those fly in to Myrtle Beach and sometimes they are less expensive. Have a great time!
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:32 AM

Check with Delta and US Air out of Dulles. I got my daughter a flight on US Air in January out of Dulles to Myrtle Beach via Charlotte for under $200. I think Delta flys to Myrtle Beach via Atlanta. Check it out.

I booked one time on Expedia then found out that if I had booked directly with the airline on line, it was $25.00 cheaper. So, call the airlines, get their schedules/prices, and then go on line to try to do better.

It gets pretty hot in August on those Myrtle Beach golf courses. Drink plenty of fluids. Good Luck.
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 07:02 AM
GoTravel

Hooters Air will start flying out of Baltimore by then and should be around $69 each way.

Golf in August? Do you realize how miserable that is?

Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:43 AM
Original Poster

yea, i understand it will be hot, but we are on a very tight budget (and we all grew up in the south, so we are kind of used to it). also dont worry about the fluids, there will probably be more drinking than golfing. that is why I said golf/college reunion. i am sure we will pretend we are in school again, and then spend the entire next week at work miserable. it happens every time...... good times

thanks for the input
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:58 AM
GoTravel

Don't book your golf until you get to Myrtle Beach. We go to Pawleys every year and clip golf coupons out of the paper. If you pay any more than $20 for cart and green fees in August, you are getting ripped off.