DC/Dulles Airport Shuttle

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2004, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone recommend a good airport shuttle service? I will be going from Downtown hotel to Dulles. What is the approximate cost of the ride?

Thanks
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 09:30 AM

There's always the supershuttle. It's either $24 or $32 (I forget). Give yourself lots of time, because it's a shared ride van. also, the drivers tend to be angry at the world. But it gets you there for a fraction of cab fare.
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 09:42 AM

Unless your travelling by yourself, a taxi might be your best bet ($45-$50).

http://www.metwashairports.com/Dulles/ground.htm

Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 11:12 AM

Just had a crummy experience with supershuttle--super, they aren't. Had a pre-paid reservation over the Memorial Day weekend, then they didn't show up. They did send two over-priced cabs, though, in their place, and told us we'd have to pay them (the more than $100 cab fare for 6 passengers) despite my having already paid Notso-Supershuttle., claiming they'll reimburse me for the diff. Haven't seen it yet. Customer 'service' people were just plain rude and unhelpful. I'll never use them again.

Here are some other inexpensive and RELIABLE options to get to Dulles.

1)Take Metrorail to the Rosslyn, VA station (or the L?Enfant Plaza Metrorail station in DC) and pick up the 5A Metrobus to Dulles. You pay the rail fare, plus $1.65 for the bus with transfer (without transfer, it's $2.50). The 5A runs every hour. See www.wmata.com under the Metrobus section for timetables.

2)Alternatively, take the Orange Metrorail line to the West Falls Church Metrorail station and pick up the Washington Flyer airport coach bus service. It runs every 30 minutes at 15 past the hour and 15 to the hour and costs $14 roundtrip ($8 one way).
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 04:01 PM

Will be staying in Rosslyn, VA. Will the Metrobus from the Rosslyn Metro station to Dulles drop you off close enough to the new air and space museum at Dulles or do you need to take alternative transportation?
Old Jul 7th, 2004, 03:43 PM

According to the printed schedule for the 5A that I have, it appears the bus is an "express" with only a few scheduled stops. Maybe you could taxi from IAD to the museum? Or some other local bus? Try
http://rideguide.wmata.com
Old Jul 7th, 2004, 04:13 PM

Dulles Airport is about 2.5 miles from the Museum. Cab fare one way from or to the airport would be about $8-12.