Daytona or Myrtle Beach

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 06:50 AM
April

Daytona or Myrtle Beach

My 64 yr old mother wants to take my daughter and me to the beach this summer. While the two mentioned beaches wouldn't be my choice,that type of place is really her cup of tea. Which of the two would you reccommend? Do you have any advice on places to stay? We would be traveling with a 9 yr old. If you have any advice on a family-run type of hotel/motel that would be great.
Thanks so much!

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 07:10 AM
xxx

April, many folks in that age bracket love Myrtle Beach--my MIL for one. Simply loves it while it is not my cup of tea at all. I cannot say much about Daytona. Myrtle Beach has Kingston Plantation which is a very nice resort. I think you and daughter would have a nice time there. Very family oriented and a wonderful pool area right on the beach. You can play minature golf, there is one on every corner. There are also shows to see. Shopping, etc. You could have a nice time.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 07:48 AM
xxxx

ttt

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 02:54 PM
tothetop

ttt

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 03:55 PM
Chuck

I live 10 miles from Daytona. At Spring Break, the college kids love Daytona. It may be real quiet at all other times of the year. Beaches are very clean and nice. You can also drive your car on them.

But, I think I'd rather head to South Carolina.