Reload this Page >

Days Inn Hotel Midtown Manhattan

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Debbie

Planning a trip to NYC Dec. 2002, have reservations at Days Inn Hotel. Has anyone stayed at this Inn during the last Year. Got a great rate on Hotel; is it a good location, safe...

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 02:36 AM
rqf

Location is fine and area is safe. It is on 8th Avenue, one block west of Broadway and Times Square. Most Broadway theaters are a five minute, or less, walk away.

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 05:29 PM
Debbie

rqf - Thank you for the information - this eases my mind about our reservations because my Mom and Aunt will be traveling with me. Thanks again.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Ian Postings

Debbie
I stayed at the Days Inn for 4 nights last week. It is a basic hotel and more than adequate as a base to see NY. The room I stayed in could have benifitted from a bit of decoration but the beds were comfy and the room clean. Staff were very prompt following up on requests (bringing more towels to the room etc.)
One tip : ask for a room without an adjoining door. Occasionally you could hear conversation from the adjacent room.
We found the location excellent and very safe. I had my two young children (aged4&7) with me. They had no problems walking to Times Square (very close); Empire State Building and over to the Intrepid Aircraft Carrier. Two subway stations are nearby. We were out walking in the evenings and felt very safe. Plenty of places to get breakfast (recommend the Olympic Diner directly opposite) cheap,tasty and quick with a typical New york atmosphere. Another bonus was a very well presented food emporium close by where we got fresh fruit, salads and some hot foods etc that we took back to the hotel to eat to keep wihin our budget. The main office and start of the grayline bus tour loops is also very close.
In summary you could definately find a more upmarket hotel but it was adequate for our needs and budget, with the benefits of an excellent location.

Old May 5th, 2002, 05:57 AM
Debbie

Ian - Thank you for your reply. You answered all my questions, and I am happy to hear the Days Inn should meet our needs and budget perfectly.

Old May 5th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Alan

Hi, Debbie! Did you get a better rate for this hotel than the one I was quoted... $105 per night for two double beds? If so, where did you find it? Thanks!

Old May 7th, 2002, 09:44 AM
PQ

Alan,
Where did you get the quote of $105 a night? Is it a room with 2 double beds? Please let me know. Thanks.