Search

Day Spas in L.A.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 11:20 AM
lila

Day Spas in L.A.

Hello!

Does anyone know of a good day spa in Los Angeles? I have been to Burke Williams and was not impressed.

I checked on www.spafinder.com, but most of the spas had bad reviews.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 03:58 PM
mary

Lila, Which Burke Williams did you use? I understand they can be quite different. The one in Santa Monica is supposed to be better than the one in West Hollywood. Hope this information helps.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 05:42 PM
Renee

Spa Mystique justed opened in Century City attached to the Century Plaza hotel across from Century City Mall (it's in the old Japanese restaurant).

I haven't been past the front desk (got a gift certificate for a friend) but it looked very inviting - more upscale, bigger, similar pricing and less rushed and busy and full of teens than Burke in Santa Monica.

Maybe someone here has had treatments there. It is definately on my list of things to do.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 05:50 PM
Alisa

Forget Burke Williams--it is crowded, with tacky decor and a run-down look. Full of teenagers when I was there. I would also go for Spa Mystique.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 08:09 AM
nita

ttt

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 06:05 PM
lila

Gee...there must be some other great spas in L.A.

Anyone?

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 11:27 PM
Renee

FYI - Aqua Spa on Second Street in Santa Monica is but a pale imitation of Burke Williams down the street. I think Mystique is your best bet. Or, check out some hotel spas (The Penninsula, Four Seasons etc).

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 11:55 PM
xhx

Thibiant Spa Beverly Hills

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 07:31 AM
michele

Try ONA on Beverly Blvd...fairly new owned by Laurent D. of Prive fame. Very chic, not commercial at all.

For something different try The Beverly Hot Springs in Koreatown. The only natural hot spring in LA. HUGE hot pool, plus icy bath, great herby steam room and dry sauna. All sorts of body treatments from cucumber honey massage to shiatsu. A little noisy and very popular with locals and celebs.

In Burbank there's the Burbank Spa-HOT dry saunas, massages, facials...cozy place run by a Finnish family. They also own Finland Baths in Sherman Oaks.

I'd stay away from the big commercial places if I were you and look into some of the smaller more personal spots.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 07:44 AM
michele

Lila,
PS Ona was recently nominated as Best Day Spa 2002. There is a webiste for it also.