Search

Dallas Massacre

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2016, 12:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dallas Massacre

Last night armed assailants attacked Police during a Dallas Protest, 11 Police Officers were shot, 5 killed. Certainly those responsible for the premeditated massacre understand that Texas has the toughest murder laws in our Country, assuring their eventual capture and execution. No stone will be left unturned till those responsible are caught. So this can be only the beginning of a Race Culture war in the USA, where even the highest trained in defensive positions are in danger.

Violence Begets Violence, and now our whole country is going to be jumpy. A country where hundreds of millions of guns, some legal some not, are in circulation

Will this influence your future travel plans?
Old Jul 8th, 2016, 04:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It won't influence my travel plans since this can happen anywhere.
I can't believe the level of hatred on both sides of these atrocities. It saddens me beyond belief.
Old Jul 8th, 2016, 06:05 AM

Condolences to the families and friends of those killed and injured in this attack.

The answer to your question is no, because we make it a point to never travel to or within countries during election years. This is not meant as comparison or flippant disrespect to the victims of this shooting, but certain countries grind to a halt during most or every election cycle.

> So this can be only the beginning of a Race Culture war in the USA

This topic belongs in the Lounge imo. But in the meantime the above claim is outrageous imo. We're 320 million Americans, and how many of us are picking up guns to kill our own employees? IMO it's the inevitability of having a nationwide 24/7 propaganda network broadcasting for the RNC for 20 years, with zero response from Democrats, and a party raises Donald Trump as a viable presidential candidate. IMO he's the personification of reactionary stupidity and this violence is the most horrible symptom of it. No matter what America's problem is, it's somebody else's fault. His wagging finger of judgment is pointed everywhere except to himself. Please review Adolf Hitler's speeches as he was rising to power in Germany and no I'm not kidding. All of Germany's problems were put on the exact same demographics (immigrants, religious minorities and eventually gay people and others). Downright frightening imo.
Old Jul 8th, 2016, 06:17 AM

Missing the lounge big time, huh, frank?
Old Jul 8th, 2016, 06:20 AM

I agree that this post should be moved to the Lounge. Everyone can read the news and the plethora of comments on other sources of media.
Old Jul 8th, 2016, 06:23 AM

Frank was booted out of the lounge and is not allowed to post or read there.
Old Jul 8th, 2016, 06:36 AM

Oh. We didn't know and thank you. And apologies for responding at all in this thread.
Old Jul 8th, 2016, 06:41 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the replies. However this thread wasn't intended for the lounge, but people planning on travel to the USA
Old Jul 8th, 2016, 07:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
hey Frank. How are you?
Old Jul 8th, 2016, 07:20 AM
Original Poster

Hi tom42!
I am fine. How are you?
Old Jul 8th, 2016, 12:46 PM
Original Poster

I just learned in Tennessee yesterday a person shot at passing cars based on the colour of their skin, Jennifer Rooney ( A Bristol Herald Courier newspaper carrier) died and others were wounded. While this death is tragic, I personally feel the safety of Black foreign nationals and African Americans will be the consequence of the overnight massacre in Dallas. I don't care what all the PC people say, the Police down deep will be looking for some payback. Even the best of them, will be at the vey least jumpy.

Its better to be alive at an inquest, than dead on the side of the road
Old Jul 8th, 2016, 04:05 PM

It would be much better if all of this bigotry and hatred could be reduced on both dies.

I fully sympathize with the families of good cops who have lost family members. But I also full sympathize with the families of black men who are killed by crooked and racist cops for no reason at all. If we stop the second then there will be no reason for the first.

The vat majority of people protesting these killings by rogue cops are doing so peacefully and in the hope of having the government take a stronger look at who they recruit and give guns to. This is where we have to start. As well as the government and the people taking a stand that these killings must stop.

I am not anti-cop. One of my uncles served as a cop for more than 25 years - and he felt civilians should NOT carry guns (it's not safe for them or anyone else). And that only in exceptional situations should a copy pull his gun. (He used his only once in 25 years, when a guy he stopped for speeding, who was obviously hopped up on something, came at him with a baseball bat. He shot him in the LEG to stop him. But the guy was convicted of drunk and drug-driving charges, possession of major amounts of drugs and a number of previous warrants.

There are way too many cops pulling guns for no reason. And it's gotten to the point where I am afraid of them.
Old Jul 9th, 2016, 04:48 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
I think it is travel related and does impact travel. I got a nasty reply on TA for telling someone to be careful staying on I drive in Orlando. It is a high drug crime zone. They target tourist. All the PR in the world is not going to change those stats. I know a guy that is from the UK that was in Dallas the other night and his facebook page lit up with concerned friends from the UK. They told him to get to Canada. Frank, the lounge is way over rated, I told a fodorarch to shut up and they triangled me. Fodors was going to let me back in but it was actually nice and they asked me why would I want to be in the lounge with so many vicious people. I said you are right and have stayed out. Don't miss it now. But back to safe travel, it is very disturbing and think people who have plans on visiting here are worried now.
Old Jul 9th, 2016, 05:02 AM

>>Frank, the lounge is way over rated, >Fodors was going to let me back in but it was actually nice and they asked me why would I want to be in the lounge with so many vicious people. I said you are right and have stayed out.
Old Jul 9th, 2016, 07:00 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Vince, point proven, go back to the lounge. I would post the emails here but not getting the person who sent them in trouble. She was very helpful and I told her there were some very nice and helpful people on there that I do miss but not worth the angst of the others. If I feel the need for political threads I can go to flyertalk omni boards.
Old Jul 9th, 2016, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

Good Point Macross,

While the lounge might have discussion, it's too often swayed by political bias. An American Democrat is often too politically involved to recognize the danger, anxiety and concern a traveler might experience visiting the USA. Like the Case in Baltimore showed, police pulling back from areas due to liability concerns, has led to a substantial rises in crime. Safe areas today, can quickly become dangerous in weeks when police find they can't properly safeguard themselves, city financial obligations and police the community. More and more parts of the USA can become like South Chicago, death zones without adequate police guarded safety
Old Jul 9th, 2016, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

Btw
The Bahamas just issued a travel warning for citizens traveling to the USA. Unlike other warnings, this was blanket warning for all over the USA. The main concern would be to their young males, which I think is justified. U.S. Police are going to be jumpy, especially with those with dark skin. Local bad boys know what areas they can dominate, but a tourist can easily end up in the wrong place
Old Jul 9th, 2016, 09:06 AM

FranknSense, imo you seriously need to read CATO's book, "Terrorizing Ourselves", and realize the fear of terrorist attack IS the attack, thus the advancement of fear is the primary mechanism for terrorism. In simpler terms you're a tool of terrorism.
Old Jul 9th, 2016, 09:14 AM

CATO, lol.

Indeed, and especially if you are black. Hence the travel warning from the Bahamas.

<Police are going to be jumpy>
They already were.

<Local bad boys know what areas they can dominate, but a tourist can easily end up in the wrong place>
Any person of color, citizen or tourist, can end up in the wrong place simply by going about their business. Philando Castile was killed by a cop who stopped him for a broken tail light.
Old Jul 9th, 2016, 09:36 AM

> CATO, lol.

You know, that bastion of liberal nonsense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -