D.C. area restaurant recommendation needed

Jan 10th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Original Poster

D.C. area restaurant recommendation needed

We're looking for a "nice" restaurant for two couples celebrating our anniversaries. We're lodging in Annapolis and open to driving into B-More, D.C. or NOVA. Ideal would be an a Italian or seafood restaurant.
Jan 10th, 2009, 07:56 PM

What's your price range? Check out Washingtonian Magazines 100 Best restaurants to read reviews
http://www.washingtonian.com/packages/verybest2008
For high end seafood I like - Kinkeads. A very nice meal not in downtown DC is Black Salt
For Italian - Restaurant Toscsa & Oblesik
But there are lots more depending up what you want to spend.

If you're coming on a weekend, u might want to make reservations a couple weeks in advance. Open Table has lots of DC restaurants.
Jan 10th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the link. As for price range, $50+ per person, I guess. I ran across Black Salt earlier this evening and it looks nice and has good reviews on another forum... I will check Open Table as well. Thanks again!
Jan 11th, 2009, 05:42 AM

Black Salt is one of my favorite restaurants. The owners are locals and over the last maybe 10 years they have opened 4 different restaurants in different areas of the city and they are all very good. Black Salt focuses on seafood and everything I have had there has been excellent. They offer small plates which is nice because u can get a real sampling of delights if u prefer. They also have a chef's tasting menu whis is not ridiculously expensive. Nice wine selection and top notch service. They had a chef's table or separate dining room which I have never done, but have heard that is very nice to try. They are a small restaurant more of a neighborhood restaurant so u really need to reseve well in advance for A Saturday. Have fun!
Jan 11th, 2009, 05:58 AM
LN

If you would like two nice restaurants in Annapolis I can name a good Italian and a good seafood restaurant.

Jerry's Seafood on West Street is known throughout DC and Maryland as a top-rate seafood restaurant. It's pretty expensive but what you'll be served is fresh, excellent seafood. They have a crab bomb that is wonderful!!

Cafe Mezzanotte is in Severna Park on Route 2 just above Annapolis and has wonderful Italian offerings. They also incorporate a lot of seafood into their recipes.

Hope you enjoy Annapolis and DC.