Curious about NYC restaurant

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 08:30 AM
Lindsay

Curious about NYC restaurant

My boyfriend and I were thinking about having dinner at the Trattoria Dopo Teatro on W 44th before we see a Broadway show. Has anyone ever eaten there? What was your experience?

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 09:44 AM
Judy

Lindsay,

I had a business lunch there this winter. It's a small restaurant but the food was very good. My colleague and I both had what they called a raviolo, which is basically one big ravioli stuffed with lobster meat. It is very close to Times Square, so the location sounds right.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 08:28 AM
Lindsay

Thanks Judy!
It got very good reviews for the most part on citysearch.com, but i just wanted to ask some other opinions. Thanks for your input!

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 09:25 AM
Michelle

I work down the block and have lunch there often. The food is excellent!

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 10:33 AM
AL

How are the prices? Sounds like something we might enjoy on our visit next month . . .

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 12:30 PM
Me 2

Need reservations? For a Thurs. night?

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 05:39 PM
RAE

If you know you want to dine there, it is always better to have a reservation. At a well known spot like TDT and prior to the theater, why take a chance? The reservation doesn't cost you anything (except maybe a phone call) and you can always cancel. Think of it this way, do you really want to search out another place on the off chance they can't take walk in's.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 09:11 PM
Lindsay

The prices are a bit on the steep side, i checked out their online menu, and i definitely made a reservation already even though its two weeks away! but hearing everyones reviews makes me feel a bit better about the cost!

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 07:33 AM
Flynn

I ate there once only because I was going to the theater. Don't know what all the fuss is about as it was just okay and the food was average.

In my view, there are better restaurants on Ninth Avenue in the 40s and I would recommend Becco for Italian on West 46th Street.

Note that you should make a reservation (but not have to worry about it that way in advance) anywhere for pre-theater dining.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 12:27 PM
Lindsay

Actually, it's funny that you mentioned Becco, because we ate there last year before we went to see a show! We wanted to try something different since we had eaten there before, but thanks for the info!