Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Marriott Miami Beach Oceanfront -- any reviews?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2005, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Miame Beach Oceanfront (the old Cadillac Hotel) since it's been renovated?
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 11:18 AM

I have heard very nice things about this hotel. You may want to check Tripadvisor.com for reviews.
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. Would I just search the Forum at Tripadvisor.com?
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 08:22 AM

To be honest, I think the easiest way is to just put the name of the hotel into Google. Trip Advisor's reviews normally come up at the top or very near the top of any Google search.
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 08:48 AM

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott on Miami Beach for a week recently and liked it despite the building work in progress on both sides of the property. Rooms are not that big and sometimes it was mid afternoon before our room was done but everyone was very courteous and obliging throughout the hotel.We changed rooms as despite being oceanfront we were on a low floor and couldnt see the sea. This was done politely and easily even though staff were clearly getting lots of requests to move rooms because of the building work which is likely to continue all summer.Not so keen on the $16 valet parking but this is apparently standard at Miami hotels.Hotel was quiet at night and breakfast was good. It is situated some way from Ocean Boulevard--definitely too far to walk and we got a taxi one night as parking on O/Boulevard is expensive and difficult especially at weekends .We would return to this hotel as a good reasonably priced oceanfront option but may wait until the remaining building work is completed just in case the noisy stages are still to come