Cost / Road to Hana C.D.

Search

Cost / Road to Hana C.D.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2004, 05:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cost / Road to Hana C.D.

Several posters have mentioned that it was a good idea to purchase the "On the Road Again" CD to use, rather than trying to read a guide book while traveling the winding road to Hana. (We do have Maui Revealed.)

Have seen numerous posts about where to purchase the CD, but no reference to the price.

Does anyone remember the cost? Can you rent instead of purchasing----since this is a "one shot" deal!

Is it worth bothering with the tape if you already have the book?

Thanks for your responses
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 05:53 AM

We used a different Hana audio tour tape than "On the road again" and found it also contained history and info. about Hawaii (e.g. Hawaiian word pronunciation/meaning examples) that was not in the guidebook's "Road to Hana tour section". The tape we used paused by the narrator(s) saying "I'm pau for now" when one reaches a sight/stop.

"On The Road Again" is available at the Hana Bay Juice Company, through activity desks, or by calling (808) 579-8686.

Yet another audio tour with price info. can be found here, more can be found by searching online:
http://www.maui-vacation.net/hana.html

Also have seen CD tours in Walmart/Kmart and have not compared them. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 12:19 PM

Long's Drugs, $15 It's found elsewhere too, Whaler's General Store, Kmart, etc

On the Road Again contains music tracks by local favorites Marty Dread, Kanekoa, and my very good buddy Joe Cano, that can be played long after you have returned home. I am listening to Marty Dread's "Just Another Day in Paradise" from the cd right now. And if you stop at Mama's afterwards, be sure to ask Captain Aloha to sign your cd for you. He's the valet at Mama's when he's not making Road to Hana cds.
Old Aug 21st, 2004, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

Thank you both for the helpful info!!!

Sounds like having the tape will be a good idea, in addition to the book.
Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 10:57 AM

If you are booking any activities thru a activity agent, they usually will have CD,S. And sometimes will let you have one to use for free, i used activity warehouse to book trips on maui and kauai. sail