Coronado Island home rentals

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2006, 05:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother is getting married in July at the Del on Coronado Island. I am married with 3 kids under 4 and need to find a place to stay for about a week. Does anyone know of a moderately priced rental home b/c I think I'd kill myself in a hotel for that long. Any suggestions on places to stay would be welcome. We're even considering staying on the San Diego side close to the bridge... Thank you!!!
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 06:07 AM

May I suggest trying vrbo.com and craigslist.com for possible rentals. This is high season in San Diego and Coronado is going to fetch top $$ so be prepared.

Hope this helps...and welcome to Fodors!

Debi
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 08:46 AM
TahitiTams

Hi kate..
Coronado is wonderful quaint town in SD and July is very high season but you can try this website..Also, the towers next door to the Hotel Del might have weekly rentals too.
Have a wonderful time!

www.vacationrentals.com

Old Dec 29th, 2006, 04:16 PM

We stayed at Coronado Shore "Towers" next to the Del a few years back with a family member who had rented it for a month. We absolutely loved the location and wanted to come back next year but were told by the Rental Office, they only do monthly rentals. We then stayed at the El Cordova across from the Del, in a family suite, very roomy & clean. Also stayed at Crown City Bistro in one of their larger rms for week. That was Ok, but like El C. better because of location.
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 04:39 PM

Hi- I know hotel living is rough, but you might want to consider the Loews at the end of Coronado. It is very kid friendly and less than 5 minutes to the Del. You can ask to have the fridge in the room emptied of it's mini bar contents and can put kid friendly food in it. Great pools, arcade, basketball, tennis and ping pong. Lots to keep the kids busy while you're there. Have fun. Coronado is one of my favorite places.