construction at kauai hyatt

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2003, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan to stay at the Kauai Hyatt at the end of September. I heard there has been construction going on there that is supposed to be finished this month. Anyone hear anything about it?
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 05:44 AM

We just made reservations there for mid-October and the reservation agent was very careful to make sure I understood that there was construction going on. However, I was also told that the areas being worked on are not being used to house guests, but that there might still be some noise heard during the daytime hours. It was described as guest room rehab and roof repairs. Sounds like it should not interfere with stays there, except perhaps a bit of noise in the daytime only. Hope this helps
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 06:27 AM

They are replacing the roof. I was there in May and found it not to be a big deal (however, I did not stay there). There were a couple large cranes out front and a walkway was closed, but once inside (And on the outside grounds), I couldn't notice any construction.

Not sure about guest room rehab, but that shouldn't be an issue.
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 09:03 AM

I have thier this past July for part of my honeymoon! The Hotel was A+, the roof construction did not bother us a bit. I would stay thier again in a minute!!
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Original Poster

thanks. hopefully it won't be a problem.
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 06:51 PM

Hi, we stayed at the Hyat Kaui just last month. Yes we were warned of construction (roof replacement) at the time that we made our reservations. The agent assured us that they were not housing guests in the units that were being worked on. GUESS WHAT, after spending an enjoyable day in the pool, came back to our room ( they must have been very busy, we checked in early am (10am) and room was still not ready at 3pm). After showering we attempted to sit out on the lanai, a construction worker came up and told us we were not allowed out of our room until after work on the roof of our building was finished for the day at 5PM. Construction work was very loud and not pleasant as we really wanted to sit outside and enjoy the scenery. Finally did stop at 6pm only after my husband called the front desk to complain. The hotel is lovely though.
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 01:58 PM
bquarre

We just returned from a week at the Hyatt and the construction disruption was minimal and did not negatively affect our trip. The only drag was that the Anara Spa was closed due to the roof redo and other things that they were fixing, but I think that the spa should be open again by September. You may want to call them and check on that. The Hyatt gets bashed on these pages for it's rooms and service, both of which are according to me undeserved based on our recent visit. Have great time!