Confused - Which Maui Airport?

Jun 6th, 2003, 08:10 AM
Vette4Paris

Confused - Which Maui Airport?

Dumb question, but in using Orbitz, it asks me to select which of the three airports I want when flying in non-stop from Chicago. This is our first time to Maui. Is there a main airport for N. America flights as opposed to inter-island services? Advice, please.

Jun 6th, 2003, 08:29 AM

The airport we flew to from the Mainland to Maui is OGG (OGG-Kahului).
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:43 AM
JMM

Kahului would be the "main" airport and the one used for international flights.
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:41 PM

As mentioned, Kahului (OGG) is the airport. You may have noticed on orbitz, you cannot fly direct to Maui from Chicago. American still flys direct to Honolulu. Then you can do an interisland flight. Flying United or ATA, you'll have to go thru LAX or SFO.
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Vette4Paris

We were advised by US Airways office I can use their Fokker 100 to O'Hare, then change to either UAL or AA. Flight time is over 14 hours my my hoe field. Only one stop is mentioned - in O'Hare. I'll talk to the airline again just to verify the itinerary. Thanks for the heads-up.

Jun 6th, 2003, 01:43 PM
DB

Here's one about Fokkers...

A retired Patton-style Air Force officer was giving a speach at a local lady's club. During his recount of a dog-fight episode, one of many in which he had engaged, he said "...and this f#cker was on my tail trying to shoot me down." The head of the lady's club immediately jumped up and interupted by going to the microphone and calmly explaining to her fellow, somewhat stunned, members that a "Fokker" was a particular type of airplane manufactured by the Germans. A slight reprise went through the audience, and with a knowing knod, the head of the lady's club asked him to please continue. The old officer began again saying, "yes, the Fokker was a German style airplane... but this f#cker was in a Messersmitt and had every intention of plastering my @ss to the ground."

Jun 11th, 2003, 07:14 AM
jedlam

The posts above are correct about flying into OGG. However, I believe there is a direct flight from ORD (Chicago O'Hare) to Maui (OGG) only offered by American Airlines (unless there's a connection in there I'm missing). The total flight time says 9hrs there and 8hrs back.