Collins Lake Resort, Government Camp, Oregon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed here? Planning Jan./Feb. ski trip. Can you recommend a unit that has a beautiful view?
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 07:36 AM

I have not stayed there, but know the area very well. As far as the units go, your best bet is to call the resort or check out the units on their webpage. If a unit has a view, I would bet that it would be mentioned along with a picture of it. If you need any other help with the area, just ask.
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 09:33 AM

mms - Any places that you would recommend to stay in the area of Mt Hood? 3 nights in September? Would like a cabin/house if possible? Looking for quiet. Thanks.
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 09:39 AM

kimp--Take a look at this website www.mthood.info as it has a wealth of info including a link for lodging for all sorts of places. Since we live nearby, we just drive up for the day. I would suggest avoiding the cabins in Welches or Zigzag as those areas are still a ways from the mountain. Look for something right in Government Camp. There are a lot of cabins up on the hill there and you can just walk to everything in town. GC is a tiny town...basically a side street off of HWY 26 that is, oh roughly a mile or two long. But full of shops and restaurants and such. If you want something besides a cabin, then I would look at Timberline Lodge itself, up on the mountain which would entail a short drive to Government Camp. I hope this helps
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 10:24 AM

Or, have a look at Cooper Spur, kimp: http://www.cooperspur.com/index.shtml We haven't yet used a certificate we have to stay there, but I've heard reports that it might be close to what you're looking for.

Glad to see mms responding here; she knows more than most about hiking in Oregon. If you're still reading mms, have a look at kimp's other threads. I don't know if she's settled on plans yet.