Reload this Page >

Club Quarters/weekend hotels.com

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 02:25 PM
Harriett

Just heard about a new hotel option from a friend, who heard about it on Today show or something similar: Club Quarters (www.weekendhotels.com) -- a relatively new concept with locations in NYC, DC, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia and London, for extremely reasonable rates (beginning @ $79-$89 most locations). The catch is that the rooms are only available for arrival on Friday or Saturday, and checkout by Monday is mandatory unless it's a holiday weekend. They cater to (and may actually be a membership program for) corporate travelers, and the locations seem to be more business- than tourism-oriented. Still, they look nice and have good rates & amenities. I haven't used them yet -- anyone else have any experience?

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Leslie

The one in Boston is quite nice, and its on Devonshire Street, downtown, close to the Financial District, but also within walking distance of the Quincy Market, stores on Washington Street, Boston Common, etc.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 02:36 PM
sightseer

I stayed at the Club Quarters in NYC for a week over Thanksgiving a few years ago. We were able to get the room for $65 a night, which was a great deal. The room was fine, nothing great, but a nice convenient location. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was a good value. I'd stay at their facilities again in other cities if I could get a good deal.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 03:25 PM
gen

There are two in New York City. I stayed at the one in midtown last fall. The location was great, the lobby was very nice, but frankly the room was a dump. Or should I say rooms. The first one I was sent to was occupied, although I was able to get into it! When I went back to the front dest to inform them that they had sent me to an occupied room, they yawned and sent me up again. This room was tiny, no bedspreads on the beds, a tiny window completely blocked by an air conditioner, and it reeked of smoke. I stayed because it was late, but the next morning I requested a new room. Well, this one was nicer but it faced a construction site and I awoke at 7 AM to the sound of very LOUD jack hammers, etc. right outside the window. Plus the halls were very dingy and dirty. I'd never stay there again at any price.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 04:07 PM
KenCT

I've stayed at the lower Manhattan location several times, always through Priceline. I would agree more with sightseer's evaluation than with gen. Extremely good value.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 05:07 PM
s

I've also stayed at the midtown location and would have to side with sightseer and kenct. The rooms are perfectly acceptable. No it's not The Plaza, but then again, you're not paying Plaza prices. It's a nice location for Broadway plays.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 06:10 PM
gen

I've been to NYC five times in the past 10 months and can compare Club Quarters to several hotels. I stand by my original post that the midtown Club Quarters was a problem when I stayed there. Granted it was only $149 per night but after that stay I got wise and started going through Pricline. Next stay was at the Waldorf for $115 per night and over the 4th of July week we stayed at the Stanhope for $75 per night. Both WAY nicer than Club Quarters, although I admit that the location of Club Quarters Midtown can't be beat. Also, since I saw 3 rooms during my weekend stay at Club Quarters I can say that the quality of the rooms varies enormously.