Cleveland day trip suggestions, please

Jun 14th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Cleveland day trip suggestions, please

DH would like to visit the Cleveland Science Center for Father's Day. We would like a great deli recommendation nearby where he can get a corned beef sandwich, thoughts on what to see at the museum and Little Italy dinner suggestions (too far away?)Thanks in advance.
Jun 15th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

topping, anyone?
Jun 15th, 2006, 07:18 AM
cd

We have gone to Little Italy with friends but cannot tell you name or how far. The Science Center has a little sandwich shop and you can go out on the deck with Lake Erie below you. Probably do not have corned beef however. Not much help am I?

Close to the Center is Hornblower's which we have enjoyed. It is built on a barge and sits on Lake Erie right beside the USS Cod - a submarine you can go thru.
Jun 15th, 2006, 07:23 AM
cd

Wait a minute, I think I'm wrong. I think that little soup and sandwich place is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame which is next door. Sorry, you get old and it all kinda fades together
Jun 15th, 2006, 07:25 AM
cd

AND Hornblower's is a restaurant.
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:57 PM
syd

Can't say I'm too fond of Hornblowers. I just think there are many far better restaurants in Cleveland.

I really can't think of a great deli nearby. My favorite deli in the Cleveland area is Max's in Rocky River on Detroit, but I personally never have had corned beef there. Hopefully someone else can chime in and give you a hand on that.

Are you looking for dinner in Little Italy on Sunday? That might limit your choices. My favorite restaurant in Little Italy is Battuto. So good. But I don't know if it's open on Sunday. It's really not that far of a drive from downtown.

Which "museum" were you referring to? FYI, the Museum of Art is closed for renovations.

Have a wonderful time!
Jun 16th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. We are going to call Battuto to try to get reservations. Any idea how expensive? Can we go in polo shirts & shorts? We have been to the Art Museum in the past and are planning a visit to the Science Museum, thanks again!